Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Spring Cleanng...



Just so you know...that's not my house :).

Here is my attempt to do some serious Spring Cleaning, which is something I don't normally do :). Not this organized anyway.  Do you want to join me?  I got this idea from Mrs. January.com who is a Canadian woman with a couponing blog.  She is doing one major spring cleaning chore a day (except Sundays) for three weeks.  Some of the chores are things I have already done or do on a regular basis (such as clean out my purse), so I made my own list. Think I can do it? I think this will pressure me enough to do it.  Want to join in? You don't have to exactly the same thing but just check in every day to let me know what you are doing. . Let's encourage each other and build each other up!!!

1) Dust cobwebs
2) Clean light fixtures
3) Clean moldings
4) Go through clothing and get rid of stuff you don't wear anymore. Also, wash winter jackets and put away.
(I already did this for the kids, but you can add this if you need to)
5) Purge/organize medicines/cosmetics
6) Wash walls Upstairs
7) Wash walls Mainfloor
8) Wash walls Downstairs
9) Wash all doors/frames
10) Wash trash cans
11) Clean glass cabinet in kitchen which is a disaster.
12) Clean out kitchen cabinets
13) Wash all the kids heavy bedding (I do ours on a regular basis)
14) Wash patio doors inside and outside
15) Clean all heat registers
16) Reorganize/straighten bookshelves
17) Clean out linen closet
18) Clean oven/and stove (stove is ongoing but oven could use a clean!!)
19) Mending or purge old mending - this one is for if I get something done real quick (hay, it could happen).

Did I miss anything?  If I did I don't mind doing a few extra days or extra chores to get it all done.  So the idea is that every day I will post in the morning BEFORE I do the chore and AFTER I do the chore. 
Since it's four pm already I think I'll start tomorrow and I'll have to start tomorrow on chore number two because I made a feeble attempt to start last week and I dusted all the cobwebs already. They are nasty little guys!!  I saw some I missed the other day as I did not go all over the ceiling as perhaps I should have.
Guess what?  It's okay to make mistakes and modifications - a list is not your slave, it's your servant.  Having said that I will do my hardest to be diligent. Happy cleaning!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a great list! I wish I could do this in that 3 week time period - but with working 3 days/week :-( it would take me alot longer!
    However, I like the list as a reminder for things that should get done now that we've been living in this house for almost a year.
    All the best with your spring cleaning Gloria!
    Great season, isn't it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list! Will keep it in mind along with my Fly Lady spring-cleaning list once June rolls around. Should be able to dedicate myself to it more than. Yeah, right. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the list- maybe when my Mother in law comes for a visit next week she can help me with it :) I have one to add- clean out/purge kitchen junk drawer/basket...doesn't everyone have one of those? ;)

    ReplyDelete