Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Welcome Nadia Lynn!! - November 12th

Here is a small composite of the pictures that were taken while I was in labor with Nadia, and after she was born. It was difficult to decide which ones would be appropriate and which would not be. I had Will help me with that and I hope that there is nothing following that would offend anyone - tehe. To us, it was a wonderful day in which we really felt the LORD's care and love.


This first picture shows the intense labor (no break between contractions) and because Nadia was posterior for most of my labor it also shows my gimped leg as she was sitting on my sciatic nerve. It's hard being in labor and not being able to walk or stand - very doable though :).


This shows me in the shower - I am on my knees hanging over the yoga ball and I'm so glad that Nicole (our doula) had me do this because this is where Nadia changed positions from posterior to anterior (I'm pretty sure anyway). Will went right in there with me and had the hot water on my back. It wasn't long after feeling some relief in the shower (half an hour) that I felt like pushing. Because I had not even been dilated 2 hours earlier - everyone was pretty sure I was not in transition. I knew that I was!! Nicole suggested that I sit on the toilet and that's when everyone knew the baby was coming fast. I was not too keen on getting off the toilet - I figured I would just have the baby there but Nicole took control and told me to get to the bed. Michelle told me later that I gave Nicole a real dirty look over the brim of my glasses - sorry Nicole!!!

In the end I am so glad that I moved because it is definately better for Mom and baby to have the doctor directing the whole process from a bed than from the bathroom floor. Especially considering Nadia had the cord around her neck once and meconium in the amniotic fluid.



After getting to the bed, I thought I would have to push forever because at that point I'm thinking that she is still posterior. Well, I was certainly pleasantly surprised when she came after only two pushes. Praise the LORD - what a little miracle!! After checking her airways and stomach for meconium, the doctors stimulated her and she made her first cry. Here she is meeting her father for the first time. He really loves you Nadia.


Still getting checked out.

Now it's my turn to see her. I did get to see her briefly right after she was born but it was so fast that it was really a blur. This time I really got a good look. Precious!!!
Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

I love this picture because although it's subtle you can just see the grin on Will's face.


Still looking alittle blue from birth but very alert.

Nicole (our doula) and my sister Michelle (doula in training :)) were awesome.
Will and I were so glad that they were there to help us.
Here they are admiring Nadia with me. Awwwww.

I love this part...bonding skin to skin.

The nice thing about not laboring through the night is that this is my first post partum baby picture where I still have my make-up on (what little of it is left)!!! I'm so vain.
Our first PM baby.

Thanks for your guidance and assistance Nicole!!

Thanks for your strong presence and loving support Will!!
Isn't she the sweetest (I just have to say it!!).


Will making our customary announcement phone calls.

What a team!!
Thanks for all your encouraging words Michelle!! (the picture of just me and you was not publishable).
The kids were just tickled pink when they came to visit us. All smiles.

Isn't she pretty? She's so small! Can I touch her?

Do you think Aleana was excited about having a sister?
She didn't believe Will on the phone that she was a girl. She had to see for herself.

Grandma and Nadia.
Thanks for taking all the kids Grandma!!

Big sister = Pure love.

It's my turn to hold her now...Mom!! She's held her long enough - tell her it's my turn!!
The fighting begins...

Big Brother.
I know how to hold her really good - see, she's happy when I hold her. Yup - I'm really good at holding her.

Middle brother.
Do you see these tears Mom? Sniff sniff. I'm not crying cause I'm sad - I'm crying (gulp gulp) because I'm so happy.

Littlest brother.
I love the baby Mom - I love Nadia.

"Finally!!! I get to hold her too!! Little girls are so precious...never thought I would be so excited over a little girl!"
This child has been my joy during my days of sorrow.
Thanks be to God, who directed all things and made them well.
Praise Him for giving us a Christian doctor who prayed twice with us - once to ask for His protection over the birth and the second time to pray that Nadia would find her place in our family and bring "hope" of new life to the funeral for Opa.
Nadia means "hope".

10 comments:

  1. Awesome, just awesome. LOVE the pics you decided to publish. :-) Can't wait to have a few of them. Can't believe also that this was the first birth I ever did without my own camera. :-(. And, um, don't remember the dirty look. But that's okay -- I get those all the time during transition and second stage! :-) That means I'm doing a good job. hee hee.

    Love it that Nadia means hope. So appropriate -- and God's hand was definitely in that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh - and Michelle? YES. doula in training. Definitely take the training M! You're soooo good at it! We need more Christian doulas in this part of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, they are such precious pictures!!! Everyone looks very proud indeed. So thankful with you that she is here safe and sound and things are going well.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been waiting and waiting for you to post photos of your precious little girl... :o)
    Such a miraculous birth -- aren't they all? You both look amazing! And Will, too. :oP

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what a beautiful post!!!!!!!!! I asked Matthew yesterday how his new baby sister was and he said good, then when I came back around he said SHE PUKES ALOT! and seemed VERY worried about it. So sweet how concerned he was. You look GREAT by the way. What a precious baby girl you have . xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The birth of Nadia on Nov.12 was SO special!
    We were SO pleased to see her and you the next day! Nadia is a beautiful baby and you looked absolutely radiant! We are thankful God has sent us hope in the form of Nadia!
    Love from,
    Dad and Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! I just (finally) downloaded my pictures yesterday. It was an honour to be there and I would gladly do it again for you. ;) You did great, and I can't wait to hold Nadia again!

    Nicole, I am blushing and thinking about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been checking and checking your blog for this update and then thought you wouldn't get the chance for a long time to sit down and write. But, hey! Here's the birth story! Congrats again! Sounds like things went quite smoothly. Yeah, Nicole, you probably get LOTS of dirty looks. Husbands get a lot of those too during transition. LOL! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful pictures. My favourite is the one of Matthew looking adoringly at Nadia in her bassinet. What a blessing. I'm so glad Nicole and Michelle could be there with you and Will. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures - thanks for sharing. She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete