Thursday, November 4, 2010

Birthday Bashes

Finally, I remembered the camara and took a nice shot of our new nephew - Jaxon Nash.
I haven't seen him much with his eyes opened but regardless - He is so cute!!

This is in the bowling alley where we like to hang out, I figure if I bowl often enough (couple of times a day) surely the baby will want to come out and see all the fun.
We went bowling with my sister's family and Dad and Hilda to celebrate the three fall birthdays.
Joel, Tyler and Ethan. Next year we can add another family member to the list - DV.

Isn't this most hilarious!! The music was loud Dylan I do agree.

We went to McD's afterwards and had supper, opened gifts, and ate delicious cupcakes (Michelle sure knows how to make yummy cupcakes - I had a small bite I will admit :) - being wheat intolerant can be crummy sometime, but ice cream makes up for it!

Here is the birthday boy - 10 years old now.
I can not believe that it has been 10 years since he was born!!
For his birthday - he had one friend over and they went swimming.
We had to keep it low key because planning anything would be
depending on the baby. Ethan didn't mind and he was really hoping I would have the baby on his birthday. He said "That would be the best birthday present, Mom!" I'm glad he is so willing to share :). Alas, his birthday (Nov. 2) has come and gone - but that's okay we have lots of other birthdays to hit from family and friends so we'll see what happens.


What a great gift!!

Here is the cake maker bringing in the cake.


Some parts did not work out to her satisfaction but I thought it looked great (according to everyone else, it tasted great too!).
In case it's too hard to tell - it's a pirate.

How many girlfriends will I have?

The next day we had Grandma and Grandpa F. come over. There is a funny story here.
Ethan unwrapped his gift to find a waffle box - full of newspaper and a card.

Here he is opening up the card, looking a tad bit dejected.

After letting him suffer alittle, Grandma told him to check out the bottom of the box which had his gift attached to it. He said he knew it all along, but we didn't believe him :).
Poor Ethan - getting played like that.

Then...on his actually birthday we gave him our gifts after his supper of choice - French Toast.
The inside of card said that most of all he was very huggable.
That's what I remember of him as a baby - always one to snuggle and cuddle and be close.
So nice!!!

Here, Peter is giving Ethan his present (without any prompting from me).
He made him a nice card with lots of stickers and then he wrapped up a toy.
This is what Ethan said "Oh Peter, so nice of you to give me a toy that I already have!!"
Peter just beamed. Regifting is great!!
Then it was Matthew's turn (after dinner because he had to do his finishing touches) to give Ethan his presents (all drawings he had made). It was so sweet to see the little boys appreciate their older brother so much. Ethan was very good about looking at the drawings.
Moments like these make up for all the fighting that goes on every day.
You don't see many pictures of that now do you?
"Only sweetness and light!" as my friend's mother always used to say.
Thank you Lord for Ethan and all he is to us. May he grow to glorify you and be a soldier for Christ.
We love you Ethan!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but even funnier than Dylan holding his ears is Dad holding Hilda's purse!! Great pictures! Love the cake Aleana, I thought about tackling the pirate cake but I didn't dare and you did a fantastic job of it!!! Keep it up! :) I remember clearly when Ethan was born and what a cute baby he was.

    Jaxon is very cute indeed! Can't wait to meet MY new niece or nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good shot of Jaxon...he's a cutie! Happy B-day to Ethan! I can't believe he's already 10! Hopefully the next blog will be of the new addition. All the best Gloria! We've been praying for you!

    Adriana

    ReplyDelete