Monday, April 26, 2010

I Think This is Cheating..But Oh Well

It is my favorite things Monday and following some fellow bloggers I went to my kitchen to see what I could see. I saw nothing that I would say is my favorite. I asked my family what they thought and this is what they came up with and I totally agree.
My favorite thing in my kitchen is my kitchen sink window!! You can see it in the above picture on the right and when I look out it I can see most of our back yard and here is what is on display right now...
Our rhododendrum looks so full and gorgeous this year!!!

This smaller rhodo (we think) is also
looking very bright and cheery.

Surprise! Surprise! I'm not sure how these got here but they popped up - maybe I can transplant them and put them somewhere more noticeable.
Can you imagine faces on the flowers? Little flower pixies...

These are our cornflowers that haven't fully bloomed yet but you can enjoy the rhodo shouting in the background.

Last but not least...our lilac tree.
Another thing I can see from kitchen window that I can see is right there over that fence and towards the back. Yes, it's the neighbor's yard. It wouldn't be right to post pictures of his yard, but it is gorgeous and he is out there almost every day. We frequently talk to him over the fence and ask him for advice on this and that. Matthew torments him when he is on the trampoline - he'll be bouncing up and down and yelling "Hi!! Mr. S!!!" and "Mr. S. look at this jump!".
We are often reminded of the movie Dennis the Menace when Matthew does things like that - Mr. S is a good sport though and nothing like Mr. Wilson :).

Praise to the LORD the Almighty the King of creation!!!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! You seem to have inherited your mom's green thumb. Hope you have a great week!

    Rose B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- what a view!! Love all the colours, and that white rhodo looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gloria.. I just found your blog and have had a wonderful time browsing through your posts. I love how you give glory to God throughout and your love for your family shines through. My favourite animal btw is a dolphin - they are playful, super cute, graceful and smart too yet.

    (not sure if you remember who I am but we have met a few times in Edmonton and perhaps at the study weekend in Calgary -back when I was still Lisa deBoer)

    hope you have a good week yet!
    In Christ,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flower with faces, I thought that right away! Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa,
    Yes, I remember you - I think the first time we met was at Camp Rehoboth. I see from your profile that you are interested in quilting. Do you quilt? I do - but not as often as I would like. I just started a flying geese doll quilt with my daughter who loves to organize the pieces. She'll have to do some of the sewing this time too though tehe.
    Thanks for your comment and stopping in:)
    All the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!! Thanks for sharing your lovely flowers!! Right now outside my kitchen window is dirt, and a backhoe! Hopefully that will prove to be a garden soon ;)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete