Sunday, April 11, 2010

One Big Mean Eating Machine

This is the beautiful "Black Forest Delight" cake Aleana made for my birthday.
She feels that it is one of her best so far and I would have to agree.
Thanks Aleana - you did a great job!!!

One may read the title and wonder "What is this going to be about?". Well, I would venture to say that you thought I was talking about the youngest or perhaps one of the boys in the family.

Wrong!! It is me!!

I feel like that is all I do right now. Eat. As a rare execption to the human species, I must admit that normally I do not enjoy eating - in general. I sometimes will enjoy feasting but rarely do. It's my genes, my make-up, metabolism - whatever you want to call it. It's like those that have curly hair wish they didn't and those that have straight wish it were curly. I really wish I did have a better appetite and other people have looked at me and wished they had none. It's just the way it is.

Right now, my dilemma is that I need to eat approximately every hour and I would really rather not - most food is disgusting at this point, especially proteins. Eating, however, is the one thing that helps with the nausea. For six months I have been trying to gain weight when I should have just tried pregnancy. Will bought $40 of snacks and juices for me the other night and in three days I had consummed all of them!! Like I said - every hour...

I guess this is more of a rant than anything. A plea to be understood :).
Have a great week under God's grace.

7 comments:

  1. um.... is this an announcement? If so, congrats!!! If not ....then I read something wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering the same thing!
    Are you saying you got pregnant to gain weight?
    Or that your appetite is just a welcome side effect? :)
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on Mom! Don't hide it. Yes she is pregnant.
    ~Aleana~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you read it right - we are expecting. Notice the baby counter on the top right:). My appetite is actually worse - I have to eat to curb the nausea. Too bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! Wishing you strength in the coming months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, CONGRATS! Very exciting! What's your EDD?

    ReplyDelete
  7. With regard to your last words on this entry, "A plea to be understood", remember, Gloria, that you are loved by many and that God understands you perfectly all the time! You can rest assured that He will be your Guide every step of the way!
    Love,
    Dad and Hilda

    ReplyDelete