Thursday, April 22, 2010

How We Celebrated Will's Birthday

The children made this big card and displayed it on the fireplace.

The kids found this balloon floating around on the last windy day and managed to hide it until Dad's big day. They were so proud of themselves for saving money!!

Balloons we a definate requirement.

I didn't feel like fixing this photo - you'll just have to crank your head.
We had bought sidewalk chalk only a few days before for a story hour activity.
Nice for Will that the whole cul-de-sac now knows how old he is!!

Very touching though and alot of dedication on Aleana's part to wake up before seven to get it done.
We had some family over - it was Sunday.
Will and his Dad.

Will's two youngest brothers Mitch and Kris.
Nice of them to miss some biking for Will!!

Aleana once again came through with a great cake. It looked better the day before so I guess the lesson is to wait until the last minute or all the icing flops. It is suppose to be a golf course and it says bogey on the bottom. It tasted really yummy. Will would love to play real golf but doesn't have enough time in his day so instead he plays the occasional game on our Wii. He's at the pro level but yesterday Aleana tied him a game - much to his chagrin!!!

Happy Birthday to you!!!
It was a really nice day and it was amazing to me how much the kids did, without my urgings, to show that they loved their Dad. That's really special.
Hope you had a great day dear and May the LORD bless you richly in the years to come and with many more to share with all of us.
You are a great husband and father to our children and the fact that your family is your top prioirity is evident in all you do for me and for the kids. The small things you do every day for me without ever complaining is such a testimony to your love.
I am so thankful to the LORD for bestowing so many blessings in you.
We love you!!!


6 comments:

  1. THe cake still looked great! Sidewalk chalk is great, as long as what they write are good things. :) Glad we could be there to celebrate Will, we love him too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAccckkkk! We even have it on the calendar here and we forgot probably because we weren't home that day! SOOO sorry. Happy Belated Birthday Will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're comment about the chalk on the drive way made me burst out laughing! Thanks for posting family parties, it makes me a little homesick.

    I miss you all.
    -Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely you could have cake on the deck!!! Happy birthday Will. Wishing you the Lord's blessings as you lead your family in His ways.

    How are you doing these days Gloria? I have been keeping you in my prayers. Praying for strength for each new day.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I decided I would start answering questions in the comments section:). Cindy, I still feel pretty miserable but I am thankful for that.
    The LORD indeed strengthens me for each new day and that comforts me. Thanks for the prayers!! I'll e-mail you soon :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Gloria ---- good to talk to you this morning!
    And happy birthday to Will!

    Can you send me your email address so I can send you those blog links we spoke about? Thanks! (email me directly at doulanic@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete