Saturday, May 1, 2010

Flying Geese Doll Quilt

On Wednesday, Aleana and I spent some uninterrupted time together as Peter went to visit a playmate. Our goal was to create a doll quilt to auction off at Family Fun Night.
This is NOT what we made, but it is the pattern that we used. The fabrics for the flying geese are from a batch that Aleana gave me awhile ago. It's very different from the pattern but the green strips really bring it all together.

Aleana sewed the triangles together (which is really difficult - so good job Aleana!!) while I did the cutting and organizing. Later on, I sewed the strips and columns together while she did the ironing.

The quilt is not entirely done yet as we still have to embroider the ties on to quilt it and sew around the edge. But I don't figure that should take too long.

Aleana made the pillow all by herself. We really enjoyed the quiet time working together and we were both amazed at how quickly it all came together and how fast our 3 hours alone went by!!
We did have to work on it for about an hour with the boys around but we managed.
Thanks for motivating me Aleana - it was lots of fun!!!

6 comments:

  1. That is fabulous ladies!
    Job well done!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive! We are proud of you, Aleana!

    Grandpa and Grandma Bredenhof

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww I love it! Nice work girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work, ladies! It's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NICE work, ladies!!! Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!! Good job Aleana! (and Gloria) I like yours alot better than the one pictured. I am sure it will sell fast. :)

    ReplyDelete