Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mostly Matthew's Sixth Birthday



The night before, Will and I put together some baked French Toast to serve Mattie for his customary breakfast in bed. Turns out - Matthew doesn't like French Toast???? Yah right! ...only when there's no syrup to go on it. Besides the rocky start we moved over to our room where he opened his presents from the family. This year, Will refurbished his old fishing rod from his Grandpa Faber and we gave it to Matthew. As you can see from his face - he was quite entralled. We also bought him a game called Blokus as it is a puzzling strategy game, which is right up his alley. He loves it and it turns out, every one in the family loves it so we have been playing it alot. Highly recommended for left brainers.

Another beautiful cake by Aleana. This was a bowl cake that she decorated as the earth. The sparkler was a hit as you can see from his face. The shipwrecked "reformed" pirate ship in the background is from Grandma and Grandpa Faber.
Matthew used his birthday money from Grandma and Grandpa Bredenhof to by a lego truck and he is very excited about that too.

The world is on fire!!

Okay, this is totally unrelated but I had to add it. Seeing how Will is so technical he had to grab the level to prove that there was no cheating going on here. We measured and Aleana is only 1 and a half inches from being equal to me in height. Yup she is 5'5.5 inches tall!!! She is taller than a few of my friends already - WOW!! My Mom was just 6' I do believe, so I shouldn't be surprised about these turn of events, but I am. Imagine looking up to your children? It does really happen both literally and figuratively. WOW!!!

Aleana is creating a pinata - nothing fancy, just some fun for Matt's party tomorrow.


Peter was enjoying the craft.

Aleana what are we doing anyway?
This is the first layer drying on the deck.
Not much else to write about that - I bet Peter was very curious about what she was up to!!!

6 comments:

  1. Peter had alot of fun hitting it and getting gule EVERY WHERE. Yep he sure had fun.
    ~aleana~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Matthew! Looks like you got spoiled! Wishing you many more!

    Uncle Wes & Auntie Rose
    Josiah, Julie, Emeline, Bethany

    P.S. I actually have that date big on my calendar....Josiah was sick that day and Bethany was sick. Totally didn't get a chance to call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good birthday! Our family loves Blockus too - it's one of the few games that both James and I like to play together (sadly, we can't play cards together). And I think it's absolutely hilarious that Will got out the level! Aleana clears my head by a few inches already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Matthew! How was your birthday party yesterday? Lauren came home happy and good and tired, so it must have been fun! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on Matthew's birthday! I still think about that cute letter he wrote for me and the toothbrushes... he's such a special little guy!
    That's amazing that Aleana is almost as tall as you! I have a feeling the same thing will happen with me and Robyn...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom was about 5'10, but still quite tall. I predict that by next year she will be taller than you!

    ReplyDelete