Saturday, November 6, 2010

Baby Quilt and A Recipe

Ta da!! It's totally finished now. Does this mean the baby will come out now?

Without looking at the bad pic of me on top - this picture is meant to show how big the quilt really is. 8 x 10 - 6 inch squares.

I was really unsure whether to use this rainbow binding I had left over from another baby quilt but in the end I decided to use it. I'm so glad I did. As usual, the binding just brings everything together and looks so different once it's all stitched in. I especially like the blue and yellow corners - more leftovers from another quilt.

---------------------------------------------------------------
I really want to share an awesome slowcooker recipe I tried out this week. I have been looking for a economically priced HUGE slow cooker for quite some time and the opportunity came!!
Can. Tire had a sale on a simple but HUGE (8 quart) crockpot for 60% off. It went from $75 to $25 and THEN I had a scatch and save and recieved the $80 item for just over $20 with taxes. Yippee!! You may see some more great recipes to try out here as I enjoy it.
Tex Mex Chicken
1.5 lb of chicken pieces - whatever you prefer
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp taco seasoning
2 peppers (can add other veggies too) - cut into strips
1 cup of corn
1.5 cups of salsa
1 cup of cheese
Mix the flour and taco seasoning together and roll chicken pieces in mixture. Place on bottom of cooker. Place pepper strips on top. Add corn and salsa. Cook on low for 10-12 hours or high for 5-6 hours. Add cheese for last half an hour or until melted.
Serve with rice or on tortillas.
Notes: I added kidney beans for extra volume and I did increase some of the increments to feed our whole family. Next time I will double the recipe - that way you have two meals in one. One night - rice and chicken, fajitas the next!! Enjoy!!

6 comments:

  1. I think Baby has been waiting for this beautiful quilt to be finished before s/he decides to arrive. "Okay, Baby! Happy cheerful quilt is all ready! We're waiting for you!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count down.....hmmm...I am thinking another boy.
    Lovely quilt!
    Slowcookers rock!! :) I am a huge fan of my slowcookers (my mom bought me 3! LOL). My mom bought me one for my birthday, one for Christmas, and gave me hers in one year. She forgets what she buys for who. I love it though. One Thanksgiving, I had mapled carrots cooking in one, scalloped potatoes in another, and some squash dish in the third one. It's awesome. Lots of great recipes online. I have seen this recipe before, but I have never tried it. I kiss the feet of the person who came up with the crockpot. I am sure it will be a real blessing when your little one comes. SOON rather than LATER!

    Rose B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That;'s a beautful quilt!!!!
    Definitely - NOW baby can come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think of you often, Gloria.... beautiful quilt and can't wait to hear the news of the safe arrival of your littlest one! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt - it's so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- looks like that was a lot of work! All stitched with love, though :) Looking forward to hearing your good news soon!! May God bless your delivery!

    ReplyDelete