Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Chore #2- Completed

 Clean Light Fixtures - Completed

Here's my BIG helper - ready for action.
I believe that good work deserves a reward so if Peter helps me for the next month then he is allowed to buy a new book from Chapters.  Good deal hay?  It was a great motivator!!

Peter was also designated as my camara guy. I love my camara guy!!!  Here is a lamp we cleaned.

Now these people were very excited about all the work that we were doing :). 

It was really amazing really.  I thought that it would take about an hour and be EASY.  HA!!!
It took about an hour and a half and it was physically HARD > I was sweating by the end of it.

The first floor was the main and there were 15 light fixtures!!  I also cleaned the doorbell and Peter was just alittle distracted with doors but hay that's okay as long as I stayed on track right?

I was shocked actually at how absolutely disasterous the house became over the hour and a half that we cleaned.  The Spring Cleaning got done but the tidy factor went out the window.

Having two little helpers was great!!! "Hay Mom!! You forgot a section!"

The upstairs had 6 fixtures and also cleaned the fire alarm and the bathroom fan. 

On the family room floor we had a mishap.  I broke a piece off the laundry room fixture.  Oops!!
Oh well, that was the only mishap we had so we are very thankful.
There were only five on that floor and the basement had 6 plus another fire alarm.  I guess I should be testing those but I had a terrible experience with our fire alarm last year at this time.  They were too old so they defaulted (make sure you replace your alarm every 10years or this could happen to you!) and went off without end.  I called the fire department to come WITHOUT their sirens thank you very much and it took them a half an hour to figure it out.  Yah!! then I didn't feel so dumb.  They replaced the alarm free of charge which was great but now I don't dare touch the thing!!!


I love the accessories!!
When we were finished I was so excited!!! Hyper actually. It felt really good to get something that felt really overwhelming done and off of the list.  It actually gave me more energy to get my regular Wed. chores like mopping done.  Oh...and I had to tidy the whole house but I'm not complaining :)!!! 
PS: I'm expecting that not all days will produce such long posts with such excitement but who knows???

3 comments:

  1. YAY! It is challenging to work on a big project while little ones are in the next room pulling things off the shelf, but it is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting with great expectations today's "to do" list. I then realized it is only 7 a.m. where you're at. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way-to go Gloria! My spring cleaning usually comes in the form of disaster recovery...who tipped over a partially opened soy sauce on the top shelf of the fridge and then left it!!!! Every fridge shelf, container and drawer needed disassembling and soaking that day, but at least it was sparkling afterward!

    Monday I emptied the kid's closets and sorted out 10 sizes of everything!!! It looks great....FOR NOW!

    ReplyDelete