Friday, May 25, 2012

Chore #3 - Continued

Wash the Baseboards in the Family Room and Basement

Wow did I sleep good last night!! I felt rested this morning but SORE everywhere - mostly knees and shoulders. I've been icing everything while doing the breakfast duties and that is really helping the pain. 
I'm not going to say what sort of injuries I'm dealing with because then some very reasonable, realistic person will say to me "You shouldn't be doing all this work!".  I'm not writing that to look good but just to be honest.  I am NOT super woman.  I have heartache, I have pain, I have sin - in my life.  What I am trying to do - is to keep living and functioning and with the LORD's help look to HIM everyday for my hope and salvation. This is what gives me strength to go on - the Hope I have in Christ.

That being said - I am going to re-write my list (tonight) and mix up the physcially harder tasks with the less physical tasks so that my body get's a break.  I have also thought of some other things I need to add to the list as I have seen areas that need work over the past two days.  Thanks for joining in and motivating me!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good idea mixing less physical demanding chores with more physically demanding ones. Kind of like when they suggest at the gym that you don't do lots of weight training every single day with cardio unless you have worked up to the point that you can, otherwise muscles can't heal, etc. Do I take that advice to housecleaning...no, not really. I tend to overdo it and then have a sore back and hips for a week or two. Sometimes we don't have the choice to balance it all though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? No update yet? Get going, you! LOL

    ReplyDelete