Saturday, May 12, 2012

March Sewing

I've been wanting to do something with these old towels for awhile.
Upcycle and reuse is the name of the game.  

When I was growing up I loved those dutch hand cloths.

So that's what happened to towel number one - 10 hand cloths.



The next six towels became a....baby wrap???

No...a beach blanket!!

How cool is that?


Here is a special quilt that we took with us to Ontario.
I call it "Gloria's experiment with log cabins".
Every block is different and special in its own way.


Notice the free-motion squiggly quilting on the white borders.
I had alot of fun with the free-motion quilting this time and I can't wait to try it again.

Aleana used a photo shop program to create this funky picture.

I put a heart in the centre of this log cabin.

Pillowcasing a quilt is a great way to finish it off in a flash.

I really loved this quilt and it probably is the one that I am the most proud of in the years of all
my quilting. It was just so pretty and everything turned out so well. I loved the polka dots.

It definitely deserved to have a ribbon!!!
I hope it's owner loves it just as much :).

4 comments:

  1. Hey, when were you in Ontario??? And you didn't stop in for coffee???

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice quilt, Gloria! Neat to see it all finished. Did you have a good time in Ontario?

    Also, I like what you did with your towels! We had dutch wash cloths when we were kids and I had totally forgotten about them until you posted this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy,
    Aleana, Nadia and I were in Brampton/Hamilton at the beginning of April (blog to come).
    We didn't have a car so getting to Owen Sound would have been abit hard :(. Maybe next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for the towels, Gloria! And that quilt is beautiful- I can see why it is your favourite! I'm sure the person you gave it to loves it!
    I have a better idea now of how much work it takes to make a log cabin ;) You're so good at quilting... I'm looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete