Tuesday, April 29, 2014

God Doesn't Need My Help!!!

Good morning!!!  I am about to embark on the daily cleaning journey but since I did not blog yesterday I thought I would write something to let you know that I am still in the game!!  Yesterday was just one of those days when EVERYTHING needs to get done AND you have extra things to do on top of that.  On days like that I can get easily overwhelmed.  Prioritizing is the key.  Where does that leave spring cleaning?
Well, it's on the bottom of the priority list.  Feeding people and clothing people comes first!!!  I don't even feel like I have to excuse or explain myself because that is just my life right now.  I am very thankful for feeling no guilt and very thankful for all the work I have been given.

While working in the kitchen this morning I was listening to KARI 550 radio. I think it was Kevin Leaman (??) Not sure about how reformed he is but he had good words to say.  He was preaching about David and Goliath.  One phrase stood out.  "When you are fully trusting God than you realize that God doesn't need your help!!"  Okay, LORD.  Thanks for bringing me to my knees again.  I like to help though.  I want to be a part of things and create occasions or create tangible pieces of love.  "That's okay" the LORD could be saying to me "just don't forget who I am and that I will take care of you and your family through it all".   Then I say, like I have said hundreds of times before

"Oh Father!! I am so sorry for doubting, just like Thomas. I didn't really believe anymore that you would do that.  Please forgive my unbelief, my self pride and buoy me up in your warm arms of love.  Carry me through and let all my strength come only from YOU!!"

2 comments:

  1. He doesn't need our help, but he does use us doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally right Alisa!! It's important not to swing the other way and say "Now, I don't have to do anything." I guess it just depends on HOW we are doing things and WHY.

    ReplyDelete