Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Day 5 - Floor Moldings and Door Jambs

Today, I tried to make up for yesterday and eventually had to let that pipe dream go.  

This little missie was not happy today.  Nothing some tylenol couldn't fix.  What?  Only 12 more teeth to go?
Nadia was running away from the camara so...no picture.  
From Nadia yesterday "What does God look like?"

I had to take a picture of my kitchen table and share my tablecloth with you.  
I started using tablecloths about a year or two ago to dampen the noise at dinner but also to make meal time more festive and special.  It was a lot of extra laundry but worth it.  One day, I remembered that I had this huge piece of upholstery fabric (intended for reupholstering the family room couch which after reading u-tube videos on how "easy" it was, I was completely overwhelmed) that was the perfect size.  I LOVE IT!!!  
It looks fancy and because the fabric is a little more durable I can leave it on the table for 3-4 sometimes even 7 days with just brushing crumbs and wiping spills.  I was getting so fed up with buying plastic that the kids would wreck in less than a year.  I highly recommend this for busy households!!! 

NO, I am not going to smile today Mom!! 

Some molding to work on. Cheerios to pick up after Madilyn got at the bag before I had the chance to put it away.  


A nice messy door. 

All the supplies.  A magic eraser is a must have.  
See the table cloth???  I'm just so happy with it!!!  
So...I did not get anywhere near done today and I worked HARD. Like, 3 hours of manual
labor.  Maybe I'm half done - maybe not.  Tomorrow, I am not going to be able to work at all.  
That's okay, I need a break!!!  Thursday is the Senior's Lunch at our church so we'll see if I feel like cleaning when I get home.  Maybe, maybe not.  
If you have been following along - keep up the hard work!!  
Have a great few days in God's Hands. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Gloria, regarding tablecloths, another thing that works well is getting a piece of boat vinyl (the stuff that is used for the seats) cut from a big roll at Fabric Land. After going through umpteen plastic tablecloths, we opted for the very durable vinyl and it has lasted years already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommy dearest, do you have more posts for us?

    ReplyDelete