Saturday, April 26, 2014

Day 4 - Clean Oven

Before






 
The Process

I soaked the element bottoms in baking soda. 

I sprayed the interior of the oven with half part vinegar and half part water spray. Then I sprinkled baking soda all over.  Then it's supposed to brew over night - I did it in the morning and scrubbed in the afternoon. In hind sight I wish I had made a paste because as you can see not all the baking soda stuck. 
Can you see the little finger marks there?  That is the very reason why I like to use chemicals (after all, baking soda and vinegar are compounds that are composed of chemicals) that are "basic" and will not harm a child.  

Doing this type of work in the evening when the kids are in bed is not physically possible!!! 
I've been thinking of creating a housecleaning or springcleaning work out - do you think it would sell :)?

Top all clean!! 

Over all, I was happy with the results.  The black junk came off so easy.  


Madilyn was reading Scripture to me while I was working. 

It's sandbox season!!  I'm both happy and not.  


Today, Will is renovating the upstairs bathroom.  This is what it looked like at 11am. 

He was quite happy that most of the drywall was still dry!!   As you can see with the blue tub and toilet that some updating was sorely needed.  Yah!!!  

Here's more of my little helper as I did the drawer today.  She went and found a rag and started cleaning with me!!!  


It's also fun to stand in. 

Nice and clean. 

Looking good!!!  
See you next week!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Those last pictures of Madilyn are adorable. Good mom for letting her help. Great job on the stove. That is the main reason my hubby insisted we get a self clean. I love him for it.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a messy job, isn't it?! It looks super! I have the exact same stove as you and the inside of my oven is even dirtier than that! I hope to do it next week. We'll see... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine so badly needs cleaning! The harsh chemicals scare me ... so maybe I'll try this method instead.

    ReplyDelete