Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thanksgiving - 2011

After one thanksgiving dinner we ate THIS beautiful dessert.


So gorgeous that Aleana took like twenty pictures of it.


Thanks Auntie Michelle for wowing us with this trifle.



Thanksgiving Sunday was so bright blue!!


This is our new apple tree with it's first fruits.

Aren't they special??



I think we got 5 apples off of there in October.

We tried to eat them but they we VERY sour.
Can't wait to see what next year brings!!


At Grandma F's for dinner.




This is how Peter deals with Nadia these days - grab and pull.




Mattie P'tatty.




"Oh Mom, enough of the pictures"


Thanks giving is a great time to pause and thank the LORD for all His blessings.


We don't do it often enough.


We live like kings and queens and we complain about the littlest inconvience.


Help me LORD to see you in all the gifts you give me every day.


From the smallest smile from a child to a healthy hug from a good husband.


Help me not to obsess about the cheque book, the appliances, the furniture, the sacrifices that are not always so willing. Help me to trust in you and not in the things around me but rather in the people around me that you have asked me to care about.


Thank you LORD for the life you have given me -You alone are Almighty!!


As Peter would say in his prayers every day - "We love you God, we really do."


Now if only we could always show that love :).

2 comments: