Monday, November 21, 2011

Surprise!!! We are in Brazil!!

 Now some people are going to be really disappointed because they knew we were going and on top of that information they still expected some cool surprise.  Sorry!!  This was it.  The reason I've been so tired is none other than getting ready to go, trying to wean Nadia (not fully but some) and being genuinely concerned about the lives of other people we care about.  Well, now that we are here (half a world away) I must say that it becomes easier to give things over to the LORD but our thoughts and prayers are with you during these difficult times.  Man, this life can be tough but it only makes us long even more so for Jesus' return. 
Here is our first picture at the Vancouver airport - it snowed the night before we left and I have a whole story about those events that I wrote on the plane but I don't have the document with me right now so I will publish that one later.  Needless to say, it was VERY hard to leave the children - for both of us.  I was not expecting that from Will but it's good to be surprised and see the softer side of one's husband.  Will just returned from a meeting and I'm running short on time here so I'll just quickly get this first day done and hopefully tomorrow...I can get the rest done. 
It's been surreal being here and the things we have seen and done are just so different then our lives back in Canada.  Now that we have started to experience life here I am very eager for the children to come and also see how they are so blessed and how much they take for granted.  I will relay all the differences tomorrow (similarities too!) but for now you shall just have to see the boring airport pictures and know that more are coming :).  We love you all and miss you even more!!!
Eating breakfast before our first flight - that's not me folks (although it looks like it) that's Suzanna, my cousin.  She is on Mission Board with Will and I am just the tag along.  












6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear more! I like the one picture of you and Will, good to see you smiling on the plane. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, I had forgotten that. Enjoy your time away. I know this is not really a holiday but enjoy it none-the-less! I am just a wee bit jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like fun!!!
    just make sure that you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your time there! Looking forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful and safe trip!

    -Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you made it safely! Have a wonderful time!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete