Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tuesday November 22, Part 1

An exotic flower I don't know the name of.


I took these pictures for the colors because some day eventually I want to make a quilt to remind me of our time in Brazil.

Can you see the washed out road in the middle to the right?  It's been like this for awhile because politicians get more votes from building new roads than from repairing old ones.  The dirt road on the right is the new way to go around the wash out.  This is on the way back from Esperanca to Recife.

This is a typical Roman Catholic grave yard - there are goats in there to keep the grass trim.

I can't remember what this picture was about???

We stopped at a gas station for a break and there was this noisy "fun" bus with school children that drove by.

Suzanna just had to have a coconut with a straw in it.  They kept them chilled in a freezer.

More quilting colors!!  I also enjoyed seeing donkeys everywhere.  It just felt quaint.

Can you see the iguana on the cement.  This was somewhere on the V's property.

Here Will and I are having a tour of the ATC. Beautiful!!!  What a blessing to have this place!!!

The goats eating coconut leaves.


I should have given this goat more privacy.


This is the neighbor burning some garbage (a frequent activity in Brazil).  I later found out that he was not too friendly - he was probably having all sorts of suspicious thoughts when he saw me take this picture.

 
Having a discussion about the water tower and the gravel pile. 

I just love the coconut trees!!!  Here is one of the
walls surrounding the property.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing!! The bathroom wasn't as bad as I had pictured it. Did it have a door??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gloria,
    It sure is nice to see pictures of some of the things you saw. I like your idea of making a "Colours of Brazil" quilt!
    Love,
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete