Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday, November 21 - Part 1

This is at the top of the country road to the IRB Synod (more on the road later).
One of the buildings on the property where Synod was held.
We turned left just in front of the sign.  The road is going down (hard to see) but it just get's worse and worse as you go along. It was truly unbelievable as we bounced our way down.  I was laughing because I was in such disbelief.  It was like backroading!!

This is the road looking back up from the property - the picture makes it look better than it really was!!

Some bean plants out in the country side.

Oh Suzanna!! Always with a camara in her hands.

Coconuts I do believe.

Cococut  Leaves - I think???

The outbuilding where elders and ministers met and also slept.

The nice road up to the main house.
A peak inside.

If you have big hands it is impossible to open up these door knobs.

Notice there are no window panes- just doors that close in front of the openings.  

Sorry if this offends anyone but I just had to!!  This toilet didn't like to flush but thankfully had toilet paper!!   You are not suppose to put the paper in the toilet but rather in the garbage next to it.  Most washrooms have a shower in them because it's so hot that people often take a shower in the middle of the day just to cool off.  There's no curtains just a small recess in the floor to outline the shower so the water goes down the drain.  


Onto better things!!  More delicious food prepared by the ladies of the Esperanca church.  The Maca beans in Brazil are phenomenal!!  I have to find the recipe somewhere and host a Brazilian dinner.   

One of the ladies I befriended.  She showed me around the property and introduced me to the animals and vegetation and their Portuguese words.  I offered to help in the kitchen but they were almost offended that I would even think about it.  If I stayed longer with them I would have forced the issue but since it was just one day I enjoyed the time off. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a wonderful opportunity for you both, to be able to go to Brazil. I am enjoying the posts :).

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the posts. I'm assuming the t.p. in the garbage is the same reason in Ft. Babine t.p. had to go into the garbage because the sewage pipes keep backing up or the sewage wasn't getting treated? Lovely. LOL. Thanks for sharing Gloria....hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete