Friday, June 25, 2010

Everything Wrong Day

Today was an "Everything Wrong Day". Wierd considering it was the last day of school for the boys so I should be happy. I guess being over tired has alot to do with it. And...not exercising all week. Two very bad combinations. At this point in my blog I am wondering whether I should go on with my rant. Blech...

Maybe I'll just go watch a show and fold some laundry instead of rambling. Will and the older kids are helping Grandma move so I actually have time and space to myself - so quiet around here right now. No worries...like Scarlett O'Hara said "Tomorrow Will be a Better Day!!"

You know I'm really looped when I'm quoting "Gone with the Wind". I read a book about how the movie was made and in the end they were on such a tight schedule that the doctor on the set was injecting everyone with drugs to keep them awake and then more drugs later to allow them to sleep alittle. Crazy!!! Needless to say, I tossed the book in the recycling when I finished reading it.

It made me sad that Holly wood can make everything look so picture perfect but to do that they have to fool people with lies, and many tricks. That being said, I do enjoy a good movie once and a while and one I can heartily recommend is the new "Robin Hood" - it has violence in it because of the war scenes but otherwise there is no indecency or swearing (that I noticed). Can you believe it?

The story was great, and very understandable if you don't know the history of King Henry V, his wife Eleanor and their children Richard, Geoffery (not in the film), and John. It is understandable because of the subtitles that explain the background information - good idea!!
I read a book about Eleanor of Aquitaine a few years ago and I also highly recommend reading about that period in history (1150-1250). The Second Crusade is covered in this time period of history and insight into the motivations behind it are very telling. When I was a child I figured that the Christian Crusades were good because they had the title "Christian" - I never learned about the time in history so I have thoroughly enjoyed learning about it as an adult.

So I ended up rambling anyway but at least I got off the topic of being so miserable.
How else to end? "Work at it with all of your heart, as working for the LORD and not for men"
Colossian 3:15 - Theme verse for school last year.
Tomorrow Will be a Better Day!!!
Hugs, Gloria

5 comments:

  1. Get some sleep, Gloria. Tomorrow will be a new day where you can say, "This is the day that the LORD has made, we will be glad and rejoice in it." (Of course, some days my "rejoicing" looks a lot like gritting my teeth!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that the new Robin Hood is an approved watch! Darryl wanted to watch it in theatres, but we decided to wait and rent it instead. Now we know it's a good one! :o)
    Hope your day today is better ~ how can it not be with all your kidlets and hubby at home? Have a blessed weekend, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope today is a better day, Gloria! Sterkte!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dont we all have those nasty days. :( I hope today was a better day for you . Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just think about the nice relaxing time you will be having next week!! ;)
    Hope you had a better day today, love you!!

    ReplyDelete