Monday, June 7, 2010

Onward with Thanksgiving

I just realized the other day that I have not kept up with counting my 1000 gifts.
Last time I checked I was on 343 so here today you will find number 344.
344) On Sunday morning we were woken up by Matthew who had kindly set the breakfast table with all sorts of yummy food. The one item that directly caught our attention was the almost empty bottle of wine. For breakfast? On Sunday? Why not? Matthew figures that it made the table more fancy.
345) Hilarious questions before church starts - Matthew asks "Dad, how long did it take you to grow all your chest hair?" "I think I have one!!!".

346) My new(er) alarm clock. I bought this last year some time after sleeping in really badly one morning. My old alarm clock was from when I was 8 (when I started delivering papers at 6 in the morning) and the volume was no longer working. I hate red numbers - from an insomniac they can look very menacing. Hahaha it's 2am and you are still not sleeping!!!
This one shines blue at night and it has two alarm settings - afternoon and evening - very sweet for us nappers.


347) This is a very sweet card that Aleana gave me on May 27th (the anniversary of Mom's promotion into heaven) - it says inside: "Don't be sad Mom...We all love you." Signed Aleana, Ethan, Matthew, Peter, and Junior. Sniff, sniff. The batteries are dying on my camara so the flash didn't work too well.


348) Doing without and making it work. This is my microwave shelf. Our microwave broke the same day as our hot water tank. Guess which I chose to fix? We turfed the microwave and I decluttered the counter of all the fruit bowls and voila - it looks alot nicer than the ugly microwave. That was 6 months ago and we haven't bothered to replace it. We may soon, because I do appreciate it for wheatie bags on sore backs etc.. but as for everything else, I have seriously not missed it.

Like I mentionned earlier - batteries are dead on the camara so the next few will have to be pictureless.
349) I am thankful that I can feel the baby kicking now. After four months of wondering where this pregnancy would lead - keeping or letting go - it's a blessing to be in the more secure second trimester. Thank you LORD.
350) All the children are excited about the baby!! What a gift!!!
351) I started quilting again - I will show pictures soon!
352) Not having nausea 24/7 is a huge gift
353) Everyone is almost done school!!
354) It is a gift when one's energy levels wane and others in the family pitch in to make up for it.
355) It is a gift to keep it simple sweetheart!! KISS principle. It's a good one.


2 comments:

  1. Matthew is getting taller all the time! Love that he thought of the wine bottle! Pretty funny! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE your alarm clock. Wes and I can't have flashing numbers either. Wes can't even have the phone in our room with a flashing message light. Very thoughtful of Aleana to make a card for you. Glad you are feeling relatively better....pregnancy is rough. Those little kicks are wonderful reminders that it is all worth it when you find yourself in the bathroom hanging over the toilet. Sterkte!

    ReplyDelete