Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sports Day!!

Ethan is waiting his turn to kick.

Ethan kicking. This event was soccer kicking but also catching.

Matthew waiting in line for the hockey relay and cheering on his team.
He just told me as we were looking at the pictures. "See how we are cheering? We are suppose to not just cheer for our team but for all the teams" -as he flips his hand forward in explanation.
May not seem like he is always listening to the teacher but things actually do sink in!!

Matthew looks so tall to me here. He has grown a couple of inches in the past season.
He asked me today "Mom, how come I'm so skinny?".
I told me that that was how God made him.


Matthew had lots of fun on sports day and he was so happy that all his ribbons were different colors :).

Flirting with the girls.



Long jump was fun to watch - some children have such long legs.


High jump was also a treat to watch. We watched the girls first and I was especially impressed at how they cheered each other on. I didn't get the chance to watch the boys as much - too bad. We had an ultrasound to go to.
That's another story for another day.

5 comments:

  1. We are on here at the same time. :) Great pictures and your boys definitely have a knack for sports. I don't blame Matthew for flirting. She's a cutie just like her mommy. (I know her mom reads your blog)

    Glad they had great weather because I think Credo had their Sports Day postponed not just one, but twice?? Maybe someone can confirm that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Rose. Yes I do. It was such a fun day , tiring though. Were not used to to that big bright thing in the sky. Cute pics. When i was in school and track i loved the high jump. Ours as postponed twice also .

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Your nosy sister-in-law here keeps checking for the ultra-sound post. Hope everything is okay, Gloria.

    Rose B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat to see the grandsons in action!
    They are really focused! Way to go, Ethan and Matthew!
    Love from,
    Grandpa and Grandma
    Bredenhof

    ReplyDelete