Thursday, June 24, 2010

Just Life

Aleana playing a song for the people at Manoah Manor. A few of the piano teachers organized this concert for the residents. It was very nice, all the kids deal really well and I hope they do it again next year!!
Aleana was nervous but she persevered through it and the fact that she even did it was impressive to me.
Here is Ethan playing as well. He wanted to get all dressed up, tie and all.
Ethan never get's nervous about these sorts of things and he only practices half the time Aleana does and does just as well. It drives her nuts!!
All in all, I am so glad we have music in the house and I hope they keep at it!
This is the rainbow quilt I am making for the baby. I have since this picture sewn the blocks together and it looks abit different as well. I'll update this soon :).

Now I know that Rose wanted an ultrasound picture/story but I'm alittle shy to put the picture out there because it's really bad. It took me two weeks until suddenly I looked at in a new way and realized where the head was!! It's a lovely spine and we are thankful that the baby is doing very well. The technician could not get a good picture of the baby's head so he kept digging in my groin until I became nauseous. Then...when I got home I had such bad gas that I was sweating from the pain and I could not move at all. My belly button region was sore for days!!!
I have a friend that went through nearly the same thing (except hers sounded worse) and it turned out she had a umblical hernia. Could I have had the same problem I wondered? So I saw the doctor this week and she said that the same thing could have happened and I for sure have a weakness there because of my previous gall bladder surgery through my belly button (I'm shy to even write that word :)) Yup, it's really not pretty.
Well, now at least I know what all the pain is about and if I stay away from wheat then the gas stays away and then I feel fine. So thankful!!!
The doctor still wanted me to have another ultrasound and I refused on the grounds that 1) I don't want any more attacks and 2) everything else is fine with the baby and if there is a brain defect - I would rather not know until birth anyway. I'll probably go for a late ultrasound because our babies usually turn late, anyway.
So that's the ultrasound story - Rose, maybe you'll get a picture later on!!
I, for one, continue to be amazed that I am pregnant and that this baby has stayed with us this long - Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!

1 comment:

  1. :) Aleana and Josiah could moan together. Josiah studies hard to get good grades, etc. Julie doesn't do a stitch and picks up everything and aces everything. Today's report card showed that again. It kind of irks Josiah that she is so laid-back and slothful in "some" ways, and still gets rewarded. LOL

    Your ultra-sound experience doesn't sound so fun. Sorry I asked.... :) This too is all in God's hands. Ultrasounds definitely have their pros and cons. Hope you are disciplined enough to stay away from wheat...no one likes gas! :)

    ReplyDelete