Friday, June 11, 2010

Strawberry Fest!!!

Yesterday morning, Will and I had a slight mis-understanding - about strawberries.
I asked him to pick up 2 flats but I actually meant 1/2 flats.
After 16 years together, why can he still not read my mind?
Needless to say I had double what I expected and we had lots of work to do!!
I did not complain, I just laughed and we rolled up our sleeves and got to work.
Aren't they gorgeous?

Aleana was very ingenious at getting the boys to help. Everytime you pop off a green top the strawberry farts!!! Who can get their strawberries to make the most farts I wonder?
The worked at this "chore" for over an hour!!
Thanks Aleana!!
Unconventional but when you have boys that's life!!


We made three batches of freezer jam, and put three freezer bags in the freezer.
Now, I can't wait for tayberries, raspberries and blueberries.



What would I have done without my helpers?
They enjoyed their wages - for every green basket full of tops, they were allowed to eat one strawberry. Good to have some control.

Aleana enjoyed taking some pictures later on - can you see the rain drops on the jar?
A rainy day is great to do stuff like this - cheers you up!!!


"The LORD is good" - He made such a deep red when he made strawberries.

6 comments:

  1. YUM!! Homemade jam is sooo good. What are tay berries?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job kids!! Now I'm getting berry envy... Hopefully this week I'll be able to dig in to some strawberries. When I eat strawberries I think of the Psalm that says, "Taste and see that the LORD is good."

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY! Great helpers! I love Matthew and Peter's smiles on those pictures...so many teeth they have!!:D Aleana is going to make some man very happy someday with her skills in homemaking.

    Auntie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa,
    Tay berries look just like raspberries only they are way bigger and less red. They are yummy!! We have picked ours on Westham Island by Ladner. I'm not sure if they have them anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a miscommunication you can forgive quite easily, isn't it? ;o)

    ReplyDelete