Friday, March 19, 2010

UMMM - I love Turtles!!

So this picture is from my birthday. Aleana made me a turtle magnet. She also bought me a birthday pin that I was to wear all day - it was quite hilarious and reminded me of her zany ways. I hope to do a post on my birthday yet - I have been told that I should not neglect my own birthday, so okay I will get to it.

Today's post is about animals I am thankful for and the number one favourite that I am thankful to the LORD for is ....

  1. 300) Turtles!!! I love turtles because first of all they are beautiful in a quirky way. They are slow but very percise and intentional. They swim like they are doing ballet in the water. The way they migrate is amazing. When people personalize (is that even a word?) turtles they can be very cute and loveable and are rarely mean and nasty. Those are all the reasons I love turtles.
  2. 301) Lady bugs - they are good for your garden, are very pretty and I love red!!
  3. 302) Dragon Flies - aren't their wings just gorgeous?
  4. 303) Eagles - we see them every day we drive to school and admire them every time. PS - there is a nest on 168st.
  5. 304) Falcons - I love for the same reasons as eagles - just so regal and the soaring they do is to be admired, oh to be that free!!
  6. 305) Sparrows - because they remind me of God's care and love - thank you LORD!!
  7. 306) Peacocks - the mini zoo down the road from us just bought a male and female and they are so proud!! The blue is amazing. I'll post a picture soon.
  8. 307) Bunnies - just so cute!!
  9. 308) German Shephard cross Huskey. This is Matthew's favourite dog and he rambles it off so often. When I grow up I'm getting a .... It's really a beautiful breed.
  10. 309) We have a fish named Nemo - can you guess what kind that is?
  11. 310) I like frogs too because they come in all sorts of colors. As long as they are not sitting on your plate.
  12. 311) Monkeys - I have some of them in my house - aren't they just fun to watch?
  13. 312) Cocker Spaniels - we grew up with one, named Mischa and she was the gentlest, kindest dog I have ever known. She was always loyal. The only time I know she bit anyone it was because she was being abused by a certain older male member of the family who shall remain nameless.
  14. 313) When we go to the aquarium I love watching the otters - they are hilarious the way they communicate affection to each other. They hold "hands"!!!
  15. 314) Dolphins - they can sing!!
  16. 315) Killer Whales - I was very blessed to see them in the wild on a leisure sailboat with Will's Dad back in 1996. They swam right under our boat!!! It was so exhilarating!!
  17. 316) Platypus - so unusual, the only animal that lays eggs and then nurses it's young. Amphibian or Mammal? I think it's in both categories
  18. 317) Apes - brilliant!! Even though we may have the same DNA, I do NOT believe that humans evolved from them. Interesting that we have similar DNA - God is our great Creator.
  19. 318) Sheep - alot of references to our the good Shepherd in the Bible so when I see sheep I am reminded of His care. Sheep are really dumb by the way - and skeetish. They need calm water or they will run all over and try to drown themselves. "He leads me beside the still waters" - I love the comparison. Without a shepherd we would drown. That is very true.
  20. 319) Squirrels - they are excitable and the kids love them!!
  21. 320) Giraffes - are way cool because of their long necks. In their necks they have blood valves that are very unique to them. If they did not have these valves every time they would bend over to eat or drink the blood pressure on their brains would cause extreme damage like hemorahage or brain explosion, (pretty much the same thing). Isn't God amazing?
  22. I'd like to hear what your favorite animal is and why? Please share and we can glory in our creator together!!!


2 comments:

  1. Great post! and happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that turtle there yesterday and thought how cute it was! Also, my kids somehow think they are getting bunnies in our backyard. And maybe a peacock.

    ReplyDelete