Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Long Time Coming - onto 280

I haven't posted a 1000 gifts blog in awhile because I have been uninspired. I was going to try 20 things that I am thankful about our home (without sounding like I'm bragging). I hope that I can do that!!! This will actually be good for me because with all the new measures we have been taking to lower my exposure to dust mites, I have been quite ungrateful lately :(.
I am thankful to the LORD for...

1) The window in my laundry room - it's nice to have daylight in there and see the road- what can I say, I like to watch people.
2) My blue bedroom - the ceiling lines are perfectly painted and it gives me pleasure to look at them.
3) The smell. I will never be able to smell it (unless I go away for over a month which won't happen for at least 20 years) but everyone else does and seeing how every home has it's own smell I am thankful that we have one.
4) The vacuum portal (can't think of a better word) that Will put in, in the kitchen under the cabinets so I don't have to bend down after I am done sweeping. It's a small thing but everytime I use it, I am thankful.
5) Our new deck that we have already enjoyed alittle on sunny days this past month.
6) Our large yard (in our eyes) - one of the main reasons we bought our house.
7) The neighborhood and neighbors that are quite supportive and friendly.
8) The little nicnacs that are hanging on my wall that my Mom made or gave to me.
9) My south windows that I can look out and admire the neighbor's garden
10) For the same windows to see birdies washing in his bird bath
11) Lots of day light coming into the house
12) That on dark days we have more electric light than before - we have been slowly replacing all the light bulbs with stronger ones. Yah!!
13) A clean, sparkling bathtub - great for taking long baths!!!
14) Our huge kitchen table that can become even more huge for company!
15) The door alarm that alerts me when any of the doors are being opened. We don't actually have the house alarm hooked up because surprisingly that whole idea stresses me more out than having an intruder. This door alarm proved itself quite useful when Matthew was three.
16) All of the toys that can keep the children occupied for hours.
17) My pot drawer (thanks to Will again) so I didn't have to bend over - do you sense an aversion to bending over?
18) Our new hot water tank. For the very reason that when it blew last month and we had a whole day at home with no water - that was not fun!!! I really really love our tank.
19) The new laminate in our family room - it was team work getting that laid down, but went really smoothly. We sure see the dust now. Good-bye dust mites!! Zap Zip Zap - Gotcha!!
20) And finally the one I've been saving for the end which probably doesn't count because I've mentioned it before but I don't care - The people in it!!!

Can you find 1000 gifts? Join me ...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding us about feeling thankful for all those things that make us truly blessed, but which all the magazines and style shows totally miss out on! I'm thankful at this moment (with my belly full of yummy) for James's delicious specialty dinner - Pasta with Puttanesca Sauce which he often makes on Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete