Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Marriage of Hearts

321)
I was reminded again yesterday...
how fragile this union can be.
When worker husband returns home,
I welcomed him more exurburantly than usual.
The joy is real and I feel thankful
for even that.
What makes it work?
How great I am?
How great he is?
No, it's allowing the Great I AM
in and remembering how
awesome He is.
Without that,
we are just broken glass
that will crack even more under
the weight of sin.
Yes, we are fragile but with Jesus
we are made like Rock.
322) I am thankful for my cacti. Aleana gave it to me for my birthday considering my allergies to pollen. Matthew commented that I could use them to spank him and that it would do a good job. Um, no, I don't think that would be appropriate some how.


2 comments:

  1. You're so right, Gloria. It's not us in the marriage that makes a union work, it's God and His grace. A good marriage comes from allowing that Grace to wash over us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some thing that Matthew would say.
    ~Aleana~

    ReplyDelete