Monday, June 13, 2011

Zoo Trip - May 2011 - Matthew's Grade 1 class

Back in May (yes, I am behind big time with pictures) I went with Matthew's school to the zoo.

It is good to see the world through the eyes of children for a day. They had lots of fun.

This picture belongs on the bottom, and was taken at the end of the day. The next photo is the start of the day, don't ask how that happened - sigh.

One of the first birds we saw wandering around when we arrived. A white peacock perhaps?



This little girl was so good all day long. She did not cry once!!! Too much to see and too many people to smile at.




A gobble gobble and a cockadoodle doo.




This little guy came along. He was really good too. It's an excellent place to go for running.



Ohhhh was he tired at the end of the day.




One day, I will find a peacock feather!!! (not attached to a peacock)




A contemplative moment.




Hippos are hilarious!!! I loved watching them.






They liked being together.




Next, we went on the bus in the bear sanctuary. We were really blessed to see lots of them because they had just been fed along the road.










It was a beautiful warm and sunny day. One of few that we had in May.




Concentrating very hard on eating.




Some boys from Matt's group with Peter goofing around on the aligator statue.



After all the school kids left, we stayed at the zoo because I needed to nurse Nadia and I promised the boys we would see the turtles and monkeys again.
While I was nursing Nadia, this peacock came right up to me - I wondered what it would do but it just sort of looked at me, checked us out and wandered away.




Getting closer...



and closer...I sure love that color!!! Such beauty God has created!!!




I'm not sure if this is Amryn or not, but I did think of baby Amryn when we saw the giraffes.




Giraffes are amazing really. They have really cool valves in the blood vessals in their necks. Imagine if they didn't, every time they bend over all the blood from their neck would cause such high pressure on their brains that existence would be impossible. Isn't God creative?



Aren't giraffes cute?



Okay, giraffes are cute but my favorite animals are turtles.



Not the most adorable but in cartoon they can be really cute.




Trying to get a decent picture out of these two is like trying to get water out of a rock!!!




Mom, would you just take the picture already?




What are those guys doing? I'm just going to have a nap now, it's been a long day.



Taking a picture, of me taking a picture.




The boys seemed to love the statues of the animals the most.








Take a picture, take a picture!!!





I accidently deleted the gorilla shot. Here's the last one at the exit. This pose took forever because certain people did not want to leave the zoo.




2 comments:

  1. So much fun! Love the photos :) And although it seems kind of comical that there is a giraffe named after our daughter, I do like that people think of her whenever they're at the zoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops- that was Lisa, not Nick...

    ReplyDelete