Monday, June 6, 2011

Crock Pot Granola

Do you want an easy granola recipe? This is it!! This is from the two Michelles. I discovered this from my sis, Michelle, who discovered it from her friend Michelle. Just put everything in your biggest crock pot, stir lots and cool!! It's that easy. Here goes (while I have the five minutes to type this)...


Crock Pot Granola - orginal recipe.


5 cups old fashioned oats (can also use quick)

1/2 cup oil

1/2 honey

1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp cinnamon

1 cup coconut



Crock Pot Granola - adapted for 7 quart crock pot for larger families


20 cups of oats

2 cups of oil (I use half olive oil and half canola)

2 cups honey

4 tsp vanilla

4 tsp cinnamon

1 1/3 cups of milled flax seed (for fibre!!)

1 1/3 cups of gr. almonds

1 1/3 cups of raisans


This recipe is totally flexible when it comes to the extras. Try whatever you want as long as it fills up 4 cups!!!

What I do is mix all the ingredients BUT the oats first in the already warm crock pot - I just turn it on when I start. Then slowly add the oats - it's a good arm work out but it's worth it.

It is important to stir up the mixture every half an hour or so. Really scrap the bottom around or the mixture will burn down there.

Put on LOW for five hours (some pots may be less) and have lid open just a crack so mixture dries out abit. Stir often!!!

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment