Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wahhhh I broke the camara!!!!

I am so sad!! Yesterday, I opened up the microwave to put something in and the camara was sitting on the top but just where the door is. Bang!! Down it went and it is pretty nasty.
Will tried to fix it with his little tools and that didn't help - it's a goner.
We managed to download the remaining pictures - about 40 - from the memory card.
So for the next little while I'll just have to download one picture per blog so that I can spread them out until we are blessed with our tax return (looking at 2 months I would say).
How can I NOT take pictures of Nadia for 2 months? Maybe it will be quicker - DV. `
That thought brings me to another that I have been thinking...
Doing without and making sacrifices.
Not something we always like to do.
Our parents did this better than we did and our grandparents were experts.
I remind myself of that often.
Is this a need or a want?
Can I go without a blowdryer until next week? next month? It's hard but it can be done!!
When we run out of snacky food - should we run to the grocer or can we bake something from scratch? Do we really need to have yogurt in the house? Now that we have run out we can do without it until the next grocery shop?
Now that our camara broke - do we need a new one? No, but it would sure be nice.
It will be a priority on the "Nice to have" list but in the mean time food is more important.
Whenever I get to thinking "I should buy a new ______ ( fill in the blank - dress, shirt, haircut, car, house)" - I examine myself. Why do I think that? Because what I have is no longer good enough. Sad really.
I said to Will the other day as I was organizing my stash, looking for a certain fabric. "Remind me not to buy any more fabric, this is nuts!!" He replied "No, I will not stop you because I know it gives you pleasure." Smart man :).
That is fine, any quilter should be allowed to buy fabric to a certain extent but everything needs to have balance. Each person needs to figure out that balance for themselves.
For me, I can't justify buying when I can go without and I have a family to feed, clothe, bathe, drive, educate, and organize.
This is not meant to invoke pity but rather food for thought.
We live like kings and queens and I still fight the sin of discontent.
Don't we all?
Praise God whose mercies are new every morning.

2 comments:

  1. Our camera is broken, too... Nick tried to clean the lens by taking it apart...and couldn't put it back together properly We think a tiny spring went missing in the process :(
    Can you borrow one from someone who won't miss it as much for two months?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria,
    So too bad about the camera! We hope you will be able to get a new one soon.
    Dad and Hilda

    ReplyDelete