Tuesday, January 26, 2010

181 and Up

Today I will focus on 20 reasons why I am thankful for my daughter Aleana. When you live in such close quarters and see each other so often, it is easy to lose sight about what it is that you enjoy about each other. So here I go...remembering the beautiful and the reason why I first became a mother - because of a little baby girl named Aleana.

181) For her uncanny ability to be organized in a really messy way
182) For her love of baking - yum yum
183) For the love she shares with her brother Peter (her other brothers too, but you don't see it as much)
184) For her willingness to help out where needed
185) For her ability to lead and take control
186) For her zest for life and zanny sense of humor
187) For her desire to follow Christ and obey him in all she does - Praise the LORD!
188) For her self-confidence that allows her to be herself
189) For the choices she makes to keep the peace and not demand her own way - she is really growing up in that!
190) For her outward beauty that reminds me of my mother - thanks LORD - it's a blessing to remember my mother like that every day
191) That she makes beautiful cards
192) That she has interesting opinions about things and feels very strongly about them!
193) That she loves children and helps out in the church babysit in such a natural way
194) That she loves to experiment in the kitchen and in other parts of the house (the latest being bones in vinegar- which we nicely transferred to the garage!)
195) That she is so great to shop with - I love having her with me because she has better ideas of what to buy than I do!!
196) That she will spontaneously give hugs
197) That she is loyal to her friends
198) I am thankful that she has come such a long way this year in her report writing
199) I am thankful that she has survived almost 12 years of our not always the wisest parenting :(
200) Wow - here I am at 200!!! I am thankful for her love and existance. God sure knew what He was doing when He gave us Aleana.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Mom. I love you to.
    Aleana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be the best blog on the entire internet. I will also like to mention, it is the only blog I check out. Oops, I guess I let it out of the bag that I have been stocking you.

    Keep up the creative work.

    WF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aleana thanks for being such a great student and giving of your best! God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another thing to add (from my perspective) and what I miss so much is her giggles and laughter (although that would be coverd under zest for life). Love you Aleana!

    ReplyDelete