Saturday, January 23, 2010

Some gifts we don't see until we roll over them...


The answers to last blog are: Ethan didn't lose his first tooth until he was just 8 - so in the first picture he is older than you guessed. It was Jan. 2009. Sorry, if my hint led you astray.

Matthew is indeed about 18 months in the tub there and that is Matty sleeping with Aleana.


I think we have a picture of all the boys with Aleana at one time or another.

Any guesses to who this sleeping beauty might be?

Which reminds me of a story...
I remember when my sister used to crawl into my bed in the middle of the night. Arghhhhh it was so annoying - it was crowded for one thing and she snored so loud I could often hear her in the next room. Having someone snoring in the next room was bad enough but to have them snore right in your ear was another. Thankfully for her husband, she has since had her adenoids taken out. Anyway, ... once I knew she was sleeping, I would sneak out and crawl into her bed. After alittle while she would awake to find the bed cold and the room scary. She would search me out in her bed and the whole process would start over.
The moral of the story is that to this day we still seek each other out in the scary times and then try our hardest to exude our independance from each other again. That is what happens with sisters: We search, we find, we comfort and we leave again.

Here we are on top of Sulphur Mountain in Banff, AB. I am 12 and sis is 8. As always, she reflects confidence, attitude, and a wardrobe well put together for the camara. I, on the other hand, show some tripidation of being on the edge - of the mountain and of the fashion scene. Don't you just love the blue argyle knee socks and the light pink shorts? At least the sweat shirt and socks match!!! I never cared much for fashion, more for just being comfortable. Oh yes, here we were - much different but always together and here - on top of the world!!!

3 comments:

  1. I would have to say that is Michelle sleeping... the second photo kind of gave it away... :o) Oh and I love love LOVE your glasses!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!! You are MEAN for posting those pictures! :) I just love my mullet and your glasses! The view behind us however is beautiful, we should do that again someday and have the same picture taken. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. None of us should be judged by how we looked in 1986 :) Thanks for posting, Michelle will forgive you.

    ReplyDelete