Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What We Did the Rest of the Day

Aleana made mini pannekoeken for lunch. They are
most delicious with yogurt on top.

This is my "lesson plan" for the last week in regards to our unit study on
Ancient Egypt. It is quite basic and one must remember that the
details are more or less in my head somewhere (for all you teachers out there :) ).

Here is Aleana doing cursive which I think she does beautifully but alas having her do it is like pulling teeth. I think I pulled a molar for this assignment :).


Ethan doing the same assignment but in printing. On second thought I should have had him do it in cursive too, because his cursive is by far easier to read than his printing.


Above is the activity book we use, the book on how to make a mummy
(don't ever do it, because it's really gross!!) and how the Egyptians built the pyramids.
Did you know that the ancient people were actually MORE advanced
than we are today? This is Biblical thinking and there are artifacts
to prove it such as one found in South America of a "flying machine" from
thousands of years ago. That's how they made those ancient crop patterns
you can find there. To support the theory that we are advancing and
technology is getting better and we are morally superior than before etc etc... supports evolutionary thinking.
If you are more interested in this stuff,
may I direct you to some excellent CD's by Diana Waring's History Alive! series?
I know it's hard to take but genetically we are becoming further and further
from the perfection of Adam and Eve. The good news is that it won't be
forever, someday it will all be perfect again - thank God for Jesus Christ!!


Peter asks me almost everyday "Mommy, pay wif me?". With the fourth it's easier to
say yes because by then you know that time goes by far too fast to refuse.
I never would have believed that I would become a good sword fighter, but it has happened - anyone want a duel?

4 comments:

  1. Peter is so lucky to have a mom who'll sword-fight with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter looks like he's winning!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does your HCOS teacher have a link to this blog? I see TONS of learning outcomes!!! Or you could just submit this as your weekly review.

    I love your sword fight with Peter -it made me laugh and miss your family all at the same time. You're an amazing mom! Hugs to everyone!

    -Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes your teacher does have a link:) I agree!!! Like all the history resources and watching "our" students hard at work. Great blog Gloria!

    ReplyDelete