Monday, September 28, 2009

Mommy's Monumental Mistake

Can you imagine this cute muffin cake doing something naughty,
something that he knows, just knows, he
shouldn't do?
Well, he did and when he started to do it this is what I said
"Oh Peter that's so nice, you are giving Mommy a massage,
yup that feels so nice, don't stop
what a nice boy you are" and on and on with the like.
Next thing I know the eldest gasps "Mom, did you know Peter has a
permanent marker and is drawing on your back with it!".
I stand up, and I need to twist my mind to reality.
You mean to tell me dear daughter that my relaxing massage was instead a
Monumental Mommy Mistake?
I punish the wicked wretch to the dreaded stairs but soon relent
because he sneaks up to my room, takes another shirt from my drawer,
brings it to me with a contrite face and says
"I torry Mommy, 'give me?"
How can I not?
How can I stay MAD that it was my favorite Curves shirt,
"A strong woman, has a strong heart" shirt.?
How can I even care when those two blue-brown eyes saucers
are beaming up at me with love and hope for forgiveness?

Now doesn't that look like a great massage?
This shirt is now relegated to my pajama drawer.
oh well,
a strong woman, has a strong heart.
Making mistakes and laughing about it
is not for sissies :).

2 comments:

  1. That is one of those unforgettable moments.
    So sweet that Peter brought you a clean shirt and apologized with, "Torry!"

    Dad and Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. These moments are hilarious -- when they happen to someone else. I am glad you were able to see it in perspective -- maybe you thought too much of that shirt anyways :)

    ReplyDelete