Monday, January 31, 2011

Random Post

Hey, I need to clarify from last post that the picture of Peter is from two years ago but the conversation is NOT. He was not even talking two years ago!!! Someone pointed it out that it was a tad confusing. Okay now that that is out of the way...onto what's going on in our lives.

Today was minorly stressful as I was called by the school - Ethan had wacked his head on the gym wall (rather pushed into it while trying to race for a ball with another boy) and I needed to take him to the doctor to get checked out. Not good. First thoughts are - how am I going to do all this with Nadia's schedule? and second thoughts are Can I take Peter? Okay take a deep breath and get things together.

This is what I did. I tried to call several family members that live close to the school - no one was home. Okay - I decided to take Peter with me. He was NOT a problem. He was great - the only reason I tried to get child care was because it can be really hard to fit three kids into a doctor's office. Next, I decided to feed the baby so she's not crying the whole time, Ethan's head injury will have to wait. Turns out that was smart. Less stress. He was not convulsing or vomitting so that decision was easy.

Turns out we have to monitor Ethan for the next 48 hours. I have to wake him up every 2 hours. He has a headache, is nauseous and is really tired. :( - my poor baby!!!! So far so good though - he is staying the same and not developing other symptoms. Thankfully I am managing to stay rational and calm which are all important for injured children :). We pray that he will be fine in a few days.

This is my first time dealing with a head injury - so thankful Haidee, the secretary at the school has been through it before and could suggest a few things.

It's Oma's birthday today. Her first one without Opa and that will be hard. She'll be 79 and she looks great!!! She looks like she is in her 60s. I am so thankful for her. She has taught me so much - especially about cooking. I lived with Opa and Aunt Sylvia for 2 summers and thoroughly enjoyed my time with them. My Mom didn't love to cook the way Oma does so she taught me the basics and things like "clean up as you go" whereas Sylvia taught me the extra touches that makes things special. I still call her up for advice if I'm in the middle of a mess!!
I hope and pray Oma will have a nice day even though it will be a tough one.

Well, I have to go - it's hard to type with one hand. Soon, I will post the next installment of Nadia shots. I was thinking that I should not forget the other children either and shoot some up-dates on them too ;0. What I would really like to see are some photos of certain far-away nieces and nephew I don't get to see anymore. Maybe someone reading this could do that for me :).
Have a great week everyone!!! Love Gloria

1 comment: