Saturday, January 8, 2011

Crock Pot Challenge

Here is a recipe that I created and I was wondering if anyone would like to try it and tell me what they think about it. It just so happened that I didn't have the usual veggies for stew the day I made this so I searched my freezer and found a bag of frozen pears from the summer. Once they were in the pot - I thought why not try some cinnamon on top of that? In our family, it worked out great!! Everyone loved it (which is a feat in and of itself) and since then I have tried it with apples and that is just as good. Enjoy!!
Pear - Potato Stew
2lb of stewing beef
10-12 medium potatoes cut in large cubes
1-2 onions - sliced
1 cup of beef or vegetable broth
4-5 pears (can also use apples) - sliced and cored (leave peel on)
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
Place beef in bottom of slowcooker. Place cut potatoes and onions on top of beef. Add broth.
Place pears on top of veggies. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high 4-5 hours.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good Gloria! I'm going to try it within the next week and let you know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy, I will try it this week with the apples (I don't have any pears. )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very interesting...I still have some dutch cooking pears in the freezer which should work with this. Maybe I'll have to cut down on the broth b/c these pears have already been cooked.

    cecile

    ReplyDelete