Friday, September 24, 2010

Lives of the Rich and Famous - Saturday, July 31st


On Saturday we went to Craigdarruch Castle in Victoria. The house is 25,000 square feet. Can you imagine? Definately not for me. It was fascinating to walk through and learn about the family that built it and the era in which it was built.


Just a picture to show all the fancy wood work.

This piano was in the parlor if I remember correctly.


An alcove in the stairway.


Stained glass everywhere.


They had this great "I spy" game that we did with Matthew and Peter. What a great idea!! Matthew stayed focussed and calm the entire tour because he had to do the I spy game.
What a difference!!

Best Buds.


This piano we found on the fourth floor - where the dance hall was. I found that wierd because to me that is not the safest place to have people jumping around and dancing. Maybe I'm just too paranoid. The piano was open to visitors so both Aleana and Ethan took a turn on it.
Aleana's rendition of Fur Elise was so touching that it brought tears to Ethan's eyes.


I love pitchers and wash basins. Maybe someday I will buy one and display it somewhere.

That's for when I open my bed and breakfast :).


Another beautiful set.


I love this dress but I would hate to wear it.
Looks rather itchy.


This is the breakfast room - which obviously is different from the dining room.

It is positioned in such a way that the morning sun will stream through while people are eating.


Isn't this too cute? An antique high chair with a tin cup.


The boys looking interested and extra good - Amazing!!!

Posing Peter
All done!

Next, we walked about the Parliament Buildings.

I love this shot!!!

It was a wierd day weather wise.

We were not allowed in the structure because it was Saturday. If you really wanted to you could but you had to be part of a tour. Seeing how it was close to naptime we settled for just walking around.

Aleana focussed on teaching Peter to say "Totem Pole" on this trip. Everytime we saw one, we were sure to know - it was very exciting to see one you know!

Here's Peter admiring one up close - finally!!!

He also got to pet a horse - he loves horses!!!


A statue of the Queen. Aleana took this picture.

War Memorial
Interesting Car.


Our campsite at Goldstream Prov. Park.

Having a snack together.

That's all for today!!

3 comments:

  1. Another great batch of photos! My favourites always seem to be anything that has both Matthew and Peter together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the castle! Would love to go there sometime! I like your comment about the dancing and "jumping" around on the fourth floor. I don't think back then people did much jumping around when they danced. ;) It made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the pictures! My favorite one is Peter and Will looking at the horse! AND, wow, Aleana is looking more and more like a Faber!

    ReplyDelete