Saturday, September 4, 2010

Brief Interlude from Holiday Pictures

Last Saturday - I spent an hour (while doing another chore too) downloading Sunday, July 25th pictures. After all that work, the computer lost it's connection to Blogger and poof! - all my hard work was gone. By then I was so fed up that I left it and haven't even looked at the pics since.

It's sorta how I felt today after I cut Ethan's hair and he demanded that I redo it. I will admit it did need to be redone but his hair is always like this. He wants it long, he grows it long and then it's time to cut it. I try to cut it so that it stays long but less so. It takes me about a half an hour because as any hairdresser knows long hair is harder. Then, it looks like I used a bowl to cut his hair or ... how did Will put it this afternoon? He looked like he had a bowl on his head. Needless to say, I end up doing another job but this time really short and yes, it looks decent now but I'm exhausted. That's four haircuts and one more to go (Will may just have to wait until Monday). Aleana is thankfully growing her hair out.

What's the good news? Well, let me see - the boys had swimming lessons this week and Peter did great. He loved it!! His teacher was quiet, calm and gentle and Peter just loved him. Makes such a difference. Matthew did not pass - he's too tense in the water and then he just sinks. He was devastated and it took 20 minutes for him to calm down :(. Ethan passed to level 5 and he is really gung ho about becoming a life guard/instructor now so I'm hoping that will be a great goal for him in the next few years.

We saw my brother, Wes, this week. All of my side of the family came to our house and we had a really nice time together. The boys were so excited (read: really really hyper) to see Uncle Wes that I don't think they really calmed down until they went to bed that night. Their first comment when they saw him was "Is he all by himself? Where are the kids?" They miss their cousins, but in the end they settled quite nicely into beating him up and hugging him "by himself".

Today, we had a pleasant drive into Vancouver to pick up Uncle Rainier and Auntie Karen from the cruise ship terminal. We drove them there last week and then picked them up again today.
It was our way of having some time to visit with them while they were here in the lower Mainland. We love them dearly and were very thankful for them that they had the opportunity to go to Alaska for the second time 15 years after Uncle Rainier was first diagnosed with cancer. The LORD has indeed blessed both of them - they have both had chemo twice now and they are still praising God for all his blessings. They inspire me and encourage me in my own walk in faith.

When we returned home we had lunch and then Aleana and I did some housework. Will went to pick up the boys and drive Grandma to work. I rested for alittle bit, then we headed to the mall to buy Aleana a few more items for school, a bike tire for Ethan and new fish for Mattie. We bought three Neon Tetras this time, hoping that at least one will survive. Their names are Rainbow 2, Bubblegum, and Roscoe. So far two are swimming side ways so we have our concerns. We shall keep you updated. Why is it so hard to buy the little guy a fish?

We got home, and I did the previously mentioned haircuts, we had a quick pizza supper and now the house is all quiet. Will took the kids swimming so I did the dishes by myself (which is almost pleasant in the quietness) and now here I sit, contemplating if I should do more housework in the nice quiet house, or... quilt or ....read the newspaper we got from Grandma today. These are tough decisions.

Before I sign off I'll give a brief baby update. Baby is growing and kicking lots. I have now officially entered into the uncomfortable (when will this be over?) stage. I was thinking today about whether I prefer this to the constantly sick, can't enjoy eating, and puking stage. Honestly, this is better. So...I won't complain. And...my back is awesome!!! I remember with other pregnancies having constant muscle tightness/spasms - not with this bambino. I attribute that to working out 2-3 times a week (Curves is the best!!) and keeping those muscles strong. And it's just plainly a gift from God. It makes such a difference in what I can do. I still have to be careful but I am not as limited as I was with Peter for example. With him, I did no housework at all!!!
Baby's head is down now but the biggest concern is ensuring he is lying on the correct side.
After two Posterior babies - obviously this is an issue for me. I can always write more about that later. I think I've rambled on enough here.
Have a blessed LORD's day everyone!!

5 comments:

  1. I've got a couple of bowl-heads over here that will need haircut re-do's too! Glad that your back is doing well. Hang in there through the "will this ever be over" stage of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized by your ticker that you only have nine weeks to go! Wonderful!!!
    I have a really cute infant fleece bunting outfit you are welcome to if you want it... it is blue. Does that make a difference? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad all is going well in the pregnancy! Wes had a nice time at your house with the kidlets and the rest of you too, of course. :) You have just over 2 months to go... Maybe he/she will share a birthday with Ethan or if early with Tyler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you are doing well. The countdown is on. Praying for you.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gloria, hang in there with baby. Great to hear that the vandelfts arrived from a relaxing cruise. Had a good laugh about the unfortunate fate of the 2 neon tetras you added, Roscoe & BubbleGum. Will you pass on my regards to them if they make it through this challenging stage? About the haircuts, remember the difference between a terrible haircut and an OK haircut is only 2 weeks! Thanks for the post! Ryan V.

    ReplyDelete