Sunday, September 12, 2010

Finally! Sunday, July 25th

For our Sunday in Sechelt we planned ahead to listen to 2 church services.
So...on Sunday morning after all the clean-up was done, we all climbed in the van to have "church". We put in the "CD" and it kept popping out again. What could be the problem?
Well, I'll blame it on baby brain. I grabbed DVDs from the church library NOT CDs.
Almost everyone was disappointed :).
Instead, we had devotions on our own and then went for a drive.
We found alot of beautiful beaches along the way.
This is beach "I can't remember".

It starts with a "B".
We didn't stay long. Took a potty break and pictures.

This was our next stop - Half Moon Bay. It looks like we are holding hands again, but we're just walking close.
I love Peter's frown here.
Everyone but Mom climbed this rock formation on the beach.
I safely took pictures.

A jelly fish - there were alot of them swimming around.

Will and the two little guys.

Close-up.

My man.

Lots of starfish!!

The boatlaunch at Half Moon Bay

Shrimp bodies.

Our silly boys.

After lunch and naptime we headed out on a hike in the campground to the estuary (splg?).

What are they all looking at?
Tonnes of baby salmon running in the creek.

The road less travelled.

Beautiful weeds.

This is the last of me in the open field. Here I turned around and headed back for the creek in the forest. It was probably close to 30' that day. I put my feet in the creek and cooled off.
It reminded me of when we were kids and all the cousins would walk down the creek at William's Park and get soaking wet. Those were the days.

I love this shot because they are all together and Aleana is helping Peter cross.

Matthew said "I know what happened to this tree! Someone set the insides on fire so they could build a house in here". What an imagination.
This is our campsite at Porpoise Bay Prov. Park. It was great having the big kids sleep in the second tent because now we had room to keep our clothes in the tent and I didn't have to be so organized. Our neighbor kindly lent us his trailer and it was awesome!! Covered and lockable - a great combination. This campground was not overfull, and very well maintained. Highly recommended.

We only had to put a tarp up for shade because it was sooooo hot when we were there.
As long as I stayed out of the sun, and did everything really slow, I managed to stay comfortable.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a gorgeous day! So many good memories caught in beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, there!
    I've had trouble posting comments on your blog, probably because I'm doing something wrong. We'll see if it works this time.

    Nice to see your holiday pictures! Camping is so much fun! Will does look hilarious wearing a pile of helmets!

    Love from, Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! I can really see the bond between those two younger boys! Wes noticed the same thing when he was visiting you. So fun to see them together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gloria, looks like you & Will & kids hit some GREAT weather. You don't have to travel far to find beauty. The starfish: beautiful. The picture of Aleana & Ethan posing on the cliff appears to have Will on the far left in the background (back to the camera) - is that Will or some stranger.
    Great shots! Ryan v

    ReplyDelete