Friday, August 27, 2010

Saturday July 24th

It's hard to see it here but this SUV is covered in quilts.
When we got to Gibson's for the day there was a parade going on.
I yelled "Go quilters go!!" and the kids all turned around and said "AHHH Mom!!".
It's official - I have reached the age of being an embarassment to our children :).

This little duckie was in the park where we ate our lunch.

I love ducks but not what they leave behind - I sat in duck poo.
Will cleaned me up real good.

Here we are walking from the park to the wharf in downtown Gibson's

We all know who this is.
The boys loved this thing because it looked like a cannon.

These two roofs were small boat houses on the wharf. One was actually for sale.
The "yards" were full of flowers.

What's a trip to Gibson's without checking out Molly's Reach?
Anyone remember watching "Beachcombers" when they were a kid? I do!!
What a friendly bear!!

He was nice to all the boys.

They didn't seem to concerned about him.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Gloria - I had to chuckle when you mentioned that it's official that you have reached the age of being an embarrassment to your children....as one of my boys told me the other day, "They don't make moms like they used to" :-)

    Cecile

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the Beachcombers!!
    We took Nick's Mum to Gibson's last year... cute little town! My midwife at the time, Ann Barkham, has a house there, and we bumped into her on the ferry- small world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilters on parade - who would have thunk it! Aleana looks so cute posing on the beach, and I love Peter and Matthew trying to act ferocious, but only ending up cute as stink!

    ReplyDelete