Thursday, May 23, 2013

I'm Not Sure Yet...

Hi everyone - it's not everyday that I get the chance to write on here.  It's hard enough to get the pictures on.  Now that I'm using flicker to get them here it takes me TWICE as long to do the chore.  I'm thinking of switching blogs again.  Seriously, should it be taking me one hour to choose, download and then transfer 12 pictures and then maybe write comments underneath them?  To me that's a big chunk of my time that I am not willing to donate. 

Some things are slowing down thankfully.  Like homevisits (Will), catechism (A and E), Piano (A and E and M), Strategic Planning Committee work (Will), and Nursing at Night (Madilyn - yippee!!!).  Then there are some things that are picking up like: School activities, Bible study group work, friends who are moving, gardening work, Saturday soccer with the boys, a special sewing project that has a deadline that is fast approaching (pictures to come soon!) and room re-organizing that led to spring cleaning that led to furniture shopping (for A) that led to moving more things around (sigh...). 

Will and I were actually sad the first night Aleana was downstairs.  We missed her!!! It was more of a
psychological issue than physical though.  We were just really feeling the movement away from us as a symbol of what is to come in the future - wahhhhh - she's not supposed to grow up!!!  It reminds me of the first night Madilyn slept in her cradle at 6 weeks I think it was.  We missed her too.  Now, she is really good at sleeping in her cradle and she has slept through the night for week.  She is vastly different than Nadia - maybe later on I will see some similarities but so far I haven't seen any.  Nadia was a Mommy-suck. Madilyn is happy with anyone who talks to her.  Nadia wanted to be held constantly and Madilyn needs her space.  Nadia cried alot and Madilyn not.  Some nights Nadia still wakes up more than Madilyn.  I feel very blessed to have such a content child at this point in our family and in my old age (ha ha). 

And before I go off on more tangents, there are some things that are staying the same: like the rhythm of sending kids off to school nice and early, of Thursday night meetings, of doing papers with the boys (I used to do papers as a kid and now that I am doing it again - I really love it! - I told Will the other day that the older I get the more I see myself becoming like his Mom. I said this because she has done papers for over 30 years now and mostly enjoys it :) ), playing games with the two older kids on Sunday nights (they get so hyper!! - This past Sunday I was soooo tired that I didn't make any sense about anything and they had lots of fun with that.), going to church every Sunday (what a blessing!!), having a stable husband with a steady job (always thankful for that!!) and ummmm what else???,  children who continue to be healthy and well.

Well, it's not everyday I share so much but tonight I had the time and the energy and it's good for me to reflect on things and take a step back and look at it all.  There just seems to be so many difficult current and personal events happening lately - it really can rattle your faith and ruin your day to hear about some of it.  I'm sure anyone reading this can think of something that has been rattling lately.  The Tim Bosma case is one on my mind and bringing that up reminds me of 4 years ago when Will joined the neighbor in chasing two kids (who robbed and assaulted the boy across the street) and then 10 minutes later they murdered someone else who chased them. Be rest assured I hugged my husband alot closer that night!!   Subsequently, Will became a witness in that case and along with the crown prosecutors did his best to bring justice for the family.  In the end, we comforted our neighbors with our belief that the LORD would provide justice in some way, some day and that we have to trust that.  Hard stuff. 

Some days we (maybe just me??) can get caught up in the finite details of cleaning up the constant messes every where and then other days we can not let it bother us as much as we share a laugh or two with the kids instead.  I like the laughing part better but the obsessive housewife in me has a hard time letting the messes go.  Messes stress me out!!!  Seriously though, should I be sacrificing good relationships with the kids for a spotless home?  Like Paul says - I do the very thing I hate...This is starting to sound like Confessions of a Stay-at-Home-Mom (that's another post) isnt' it??     

Anyway, there is alot more that I want to write about and I think of these great topics when I'm nursing at night - of course right now I can not think of a one.  That's where the title comes from - I started to write without knowing my topic or where I was going.  Sometimes that can be a nice way to write and it works.  
So what do you think the title should be?  
Have a blessed weekend - In God's Hands.
Love, Gloria



   

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading your update! And don't worry about the 'controlled' messes :-) The kids will grow up and you'll still have messes, but they may be more the uncontrolled type lurking in teenagers rooms....enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete