Friday, May 3, 2013

Will's Birthday - April 18, 2013



Aleana, Ethan and Matthew decorated Will's birthday cake.  It's some sort of star wars scene.  The guy on the right is lying in a hammock made out of chocalate.  It was all very yummy.



It's not pictured here but Peter made a really scary sword for Will.  He was working on it outside hammering away happily then he comes in and waves it in front of my face so I can see his handiwork.
I look at it after it barely misses my eyes and see that it has nails sticking out of the top like some medival war machine. I think that since opening it Will has placed it in a carefully concealed place so that it doesn't hurt anyone.  Our boys have taught me so much :).



Madilyn's Top Ten.

1) I love to "Coo, coo" to anyone who will listen to me - which is everyone.
2) Watching everyone rush around is quite interesting, I am very happy doing that. 
3) When people tickle me - I will smile and smile and sometimes laugh. 
4) Boys are slightly scary because they think roaring in my face is fun - I think it's rather startling
5) Girls are less scary - the big girl loves to take me to her room which is really cool.  She has different sounds in there and I get to see her do things, that are really fascinating - she really loves me.
6) The little girl loves me too but sometimes she scares me by pushing on my head or stomach, then I cry.  
7) I love my milk and it's great if I can actually get some without lots of other people around - I like it with just Mom and me.  That doesn't happen very often - sigh!! 
8) I love my cradle and will sleep very well if I'm in there.  Sometimes, though Mom falls asleep while feeding me so I have to be happy sleeping with her.  I don't mind, she smells nice. 
9) The big boy, Ethan, thinks that I don't like him but it's not his fault that Mom needs him to hold me when I'm hungry or tired.  He's always very sweet to me.
10) I love my Dad!! He notices things about me that no one else does.  Like the fact that my hair is staying brown like Mom's.  I keep special smiles and hugs just for him.    

The family is pretty cool - once you get to know them. 

5 comments:

  1. it was actually Matthew, Peter and I who did the cake..... Ethan was out doing papers, at that time I think

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I meant to say :) - I just get all of you kids mixed up. Good thing you are around to correct me all of the time or I would be lost - tehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So deducing an age from the candles, Will could be 63 now, or 36, if the colours of the candles are significant; if they are not, but their placement is, he could be 54 or 45. Or it could be random to keep us guessing! :) Glad you had a fun family celebration of an awsome man, and that your dear Madilyn has such a great cheering squad! (love the family pic, too, btw).
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah,
    I'll make it easy on you - the candles mean nothing!!
    And last year I gave him a surprise party for a very significant milestone. Nice to see you here :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the family picture. I like your hair up like that!

    ReplyDelete