Friday, May 3, 2013

Sewing - April 2013



           Front




















Back

I've had these pillows for a long time and finally I was able to get around to doing cases for them. 
The flower print was a fat quarter I recieved from Matthew for my birthday.  I love it!!



The butterfly print (lower pillow) and the solid blue are from lots of fat quarters I recieved from Michelle for my birthday.  I was really spoiled and should have enough fabric to last me awhile. If you look really close you can see the butterflies (they are very subtle) and they are so pretty.
I use these pillows at night to nurse Madilyn with and I'm so glad they are covered now.  I was using regular pillow cases before and that didn't look so hot.   Nadia will still climb into bed at night with us and has already claimed that the flower pillow is hers.  She uses it in the middle between us because that's where it always was, only now it's all pretttied up which she loves. 





                                                                Back



Okay so the pillows were a new project and here was something I finished off my WIP list.
A fleece blanket for Peter.  Nothing fancy.  Last time I went to Joann's Peter picked out these fabrics from the clearance bin and asked me to make this for him.  I was glad to oblige.  It's not had to talk Mom into buying fabric.  After I cut the pieces out, measured twice and everything - the two sides still didn't fit together.  This always happens to me!!! Perhaps I have a type of measuring dyslexia???  Or perhaps this happens with stretchy fleece.  Any case, it keeps me humble and my projects always end up being improvised as I go along, to fix my mistakes, ah hem, to feed my creativity. This blanket has an extra border on two sides so that the pieces match up. Peter didn't notice nor does he care and loves his new blanket!!!
Yesterday, I started a new lap quilt and hopefully I can show that more next week.  My children were shocked when I told them it's called a "Strip and Flip" - clearly they are not quilt minded :). I appreciated their propriety.  I will be interested to see where that journey will lead...


Front

2 comments:

  1. Oh, THAT'D be any boy's joy! soft and snuggly soccer blanket? yes please! Way to keep sewing between all your other responsibilities! :)
    <3 Sarah

    ReplyDelete