Tuesday, February 12, 2013

First Things First





Before I show you pictures of the finished quilt, I need to blog about some other things.  Last Thursday we stayed home from Bible study because Nadia had a cough.  I wanted to keep Peter occupied so I reverted back to our homeschool days and told him to pick a topic to study.  He picked volcanos.  The book we looked at covered earthquakes and volcanos and it was really fun to go through it.  Then Peter asked me to make a volcano for him.  I quickly looked up all the details for I knew the basics but really didn't want a chemical disaster in the kitchen.  Then we got started. 








Afterwards Peter was really disappointed. He had imagined that we would build a volcano and it would be truly real looking with orange lava and everything. I was disappointed that I didn't deliver but hay I tried and we did have fun while we were doing it - even though it was so terribly unexciting for him, Nadia and I had fun.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment