Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Baby Quilt - Finished!!!

IMG_0212
I can not figure out how to get these pictures bigger without losing resolution!!!  Any ideas???

Aleana's Pictures 3 606psalm 139
Will took this picture of my hands on my belly and then Aleana photo shopped it and added the Bible verse. 
I made it bigger despite losing resolution - otherwise you can't read the Bible verse!!

IMG_0217
My little helper holding up the finished deal.

IMG_0216
Here is a shot of the back.  I used fleece on the back and that made it harder to free motion the borders because it was "sticky" as I was moving the quilt around. I wouldn't recommend fleece for free-motion.  Most quilters probably already know that (I learn most things by trial and error :)) but in case you didn't ....I was going to free motion the entire thing but in the end decided to use the walking foot on the body and free motion the edges.  It went faster and I was sooooo pleased with my decision.  The straight lines and the full batting that I chose really solved all my wonky, bunchy problems and made the quilt look so cozy and purposeful instead of disasterous.  Yayyyyyy!!!
IMG_0215
Here you can see the swirls on the border and the puffy squares in the body.  I quilted straight lines 1/2 off the seams and then every third line length wise for no reason other than "I just felt like it". 
IMG_0219
I love the blue binding too!!  I won't tell you about the big mistake I made with the binding minutes before I was finished.  I just don't want to think about it anymore.  Two corners survived but the other two may need some work later.  For now I am leaving it because I just want to use it!!!

IMG_0173IMG_0207
I want to intentionally post more pictures of the school kids as they get sorely neglected here.  This photo of Ethan was taken while Will was playing around with our new camara.  Some one told me the other day that he looks alot like Rev. Bredenhof!!  I never thought of that before but when she said it I could definately see it.  The photo on the right Aleana took - she is very talented with a camara. 
Okay baby - we're ready when you are!!!

Ps. 91 - "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD , "He is my refuge and my fortress: My God, in Him I will trust."" Ps. 91:1-2 NKJV

3 comments:

  1. It looks really good, Gloria! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you strength, Gloria! Beautiful quilt....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw on Facebook that your baby has arrived! Congratulations! Another precious little girl :) Looking forward to seeing some photos and hearing the details! (name, etc!)

    ReplyDelete