Thursday, November 12, 2009

1000 gifts - continued

So I fugured if I typed in 20 a week for a year - I would be close to 1000.
This exercise may bore some, but that's okay :).
I am thankful to the LORD for...

1) For Peter's cuteness that softens every problem
2) For Matthew's dimple that brightens any day
3) For Ethan's grand sense of justice
4) For Aleana's willingness to help
5) For Will's dreams that I love being a part of
6) For Peter's tarzan stance when he has no shirt on (I'll take a picture)
7) For Matthew and his eagerness to learn
8) For Ethan and the way he can fiddle with things, fix them and create new things
9) For Aleana's bright blue eyes
10) For Will's health that is soooo much better
11) For grandparents that lived during the war and helped us gain freedom
12) For soldiers who died for our freedom
13) For the freedom to honor our soldiers we have now and show thanks to God.
14) For a new minister for our congregation
15) For Peter's hugs that are so snuggy
16) For Matthew's sensitive side (he cried and cried today when Matthew on "Anne of Green Gables" died
17) For Ethan's strong and confident persona
18) For Aleana's knack for picking things out when we shop - much better than mine!!
19) For Will's confidence in me that is far greater than my confidence in myself
20) For all these people we call family - purely a gift from God!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Gloria - it's the little things that make such a difference and it's in the details where we often find the greatest beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also started a gratitude journal - with the hopes of seeing the joy in my life on the darker days. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete