Monday, November 23, 2009

Giving Thanks

Today was, as all Mondays for us are...a busy day. But before I get into my warm, cozy bed I shall do this exercise I promised I would do.
I remain thankful for...
1) Legs that can skate (I went skating today with Matthew's class - fun)
2) The ability to drive our van (I couldn't drive for awhile, without getting sick, so for this I am very grateful - thank you LORD!)
3) The mall (it's not what you think! - On rainy days, we go walking there after dropping Will off at the skytrain)
4) My ancient sewing machine that keeps chugging along
5) Being re-aquainted with my ancient machine today
6) Being motivated today to actually do some mending on old faithful
7) Matthew's teacher who he loves and respects
8) The secretary who eased my mind and developed a solution for Matthew's bus ride this afternoon (long story)
9) Matthew's school which he loves
10) Children who make you smile on a dark day
11) Children who are finally interested in doing some writing - yippee!!!
12) Gems and Cadets - the kids love it!
13) okay this is cheesy - and I'm not bragging - my new slippers (they are so toasty)
14) did I mention how warm and cozy my bed is? Yup that' s one.
15) the kid's piano teacher, they love her and they are practicing!!!
16) Will is done his Wed night course
17) that the LORD is upholding and strengthening several of our friends who are grieving at this time - we are praying for you all!!
18) okay now I really am tired - running water
19) heat
20) shelter

Good night and may the LORD hold you close!!

1 comment:

  1. Cozy slippers! Yay! Im so glad to hear Matthew is enjoying school so much! We should get together soon for coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete