Monday, November 30, 2009

Photo Gallery - 2009

We took 20 pictures of this guy and do you think we could get any that were not blurry?
Will made a video from the photos actually because if you look at them quickly, you can see all the movements and quirks of Peter. I wish I could post it.
If you haven't heard the story yet. The boys and I ended up in emergency on Friday afternoon. I was doing groceries with the boys (Aleana was away) and Matthew and I had a little mishap together - long story short, Matthew did not have to get stitches (have to love that super glue) and I had to have a tetanus shot (ouch!) because of the wound on my hand. I was VERY relieved and grateful because A) The boys were great, well behaved and helpful. B) It was only an hour and a half wait altogether (I know from experience that it can by much longer) C) The first aid people at Superstore were great D) I kept thinking "This could be so much worse" and it really wasn't. Thank you LORD!!!

Ethan asked me to cut his hair on Saturday - now he looks much older again.
He was so great on Friday when I needed help - calm and obedient in everything.
He said later "Mom, I was just pushing Peter in the buggy and going along, and all of sudden you and Matthew just disappeared!" He stopped and came back to us and kept Peter calm too.
Ethan is a real hero!!!
Here's another one of my big helpers. The family planner, baker and candle stick maker (just joking about that part). She does like to play with candles though!!! She is currently learning how to knit and practicing long hours in her room. Maybe not quite long hours, but she's working on it.


This is one of two pictures we will chose for our Christmas card this year.
Matthew looks the same on both of them. A sad, beaten up child.
I should post the one with Peter sticking his tongue out!!

I managed to take these shots first before the sun went down - I took 11 pictures and this is probably the best one. It is just so hard to get these boys to stand still!!! I should have bribed them :). It was a beautiful sunset. Today we saw the sun again - what a blessing from the LORD!!

6 comments:

  1. Aww those are great pictures! you have such a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those pictures! I can't believe how old Aleana is looking, she is turning into quite the young lady. :)

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these family photos. I love the fact that you went ahead and snapped a photo of Matthew with his bandaid. It does add character.

    -Adriana Pasche

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW your kids have grown so much since the first picture you sent me, back when Peter was born. Very good looking family :). So sorry to hear about the mishap. It is wonderful when the kids seems to step up at that time. Such a blessing.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pictures! We tried to take pictures of our kids (ask Michelle about them on FB) and they turned out horrible. I finally got so frustrated and gave up! Maybe next year and hopefully we get a new camera some day!

    I think your kids did great! Poor Matthew and his head wound. He probably was a champ through it all!

    Love,
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete