Thursday, July 16, 2015

Blue Charm Stars - King Quilt

One year ago I bought time on someone's long arm at Family Fun Night.  
With Will not working I felt like it was the perfect time to cash in on my time and learn how to quilt that way. 

The lady, Kathleen, was an awesome teacher.  Patient and encouraging and I learned so much!! 
The quilt looks awesome. 

I chose a simple heart pattern and used the pantograph with laser to follow to guide the pattern onto my quilt. 

I think this picture is sideways - opps!!


I was dreading the process actually.  I wanted to try something new but thought that I wouldn't enjoy it and rather it was a way to get this HUGE quilt of mine FINALLY (7 years in the making) done. 


Boy, was I wrong.  I actually enjoyed it more than quilting at my machine.  I liked how I could move my body around and get into a rhythm.  It took about two rows before I could relax and get in a groove but once I did - it was fun!!!  Here you can see the wonky hearts.  

I am so thankful!!  It's almost done and the quilting looks so nice!!  
I decided to do a scrappy binding which I need to do along with several other projects right now. 
Hopefully by the end of summer you can see it on our bed!!!  

Will wanted a family shot for his Power Point presentation about himself for his team at his new job. 
Our smiles are saying "It is stinking hot!!  I hope these pictures work out because I'm not coming out here again!!"  Could be worse...I don't know how people in Ontario survive :).  

2 comments:

  1. Wow your kids are getting so big!! Aleana looks just like you Gloria. Beautiful family.

    We in Ontario survive by having a cool summer. We have not broken 30 degrees yet. When it gets humid the fans get going.

    The quilt is lovely. I love the heart stitching on it. Well done!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful family pic! That young lad standing behind Gloria looks as if he may be the definition of 'mischief' but in a good way :-)

    ck

    ReplyDelete