Monday, May 11, 2015

Around the World Scrappy Baby Quilt

We planted our garden and it was good. 

Take a picture Mom!!! 

I pillowcased enclosed this quilt and then edged it with a small zigzag - I loved the look it made! 

Can you tell I love brights?  This is the same jelly roll fabric I used for Madilyn's quilt.  I was trying to use up the left overs from her quilt but then I had to buy another jelly roll  to make this one big enough (the irony...I know) .  That was BEFORE my fabric fast.  I don't think I'll do 2 very similar quilts again or not for awhile anyway.  I was surprised that seeing the same fabric was tiring to me. It looked too familiar I guess.  I used the Around the World scrappy pattern found here


I put myself on a fabric fast in September before extra saving even became a necessity and it's amazing to me that I am still sewing (tehe).  I don't have anymore huge yardages of any one fabric, hence the pieced back.  I love it!!! 

I quilted flowers in each block and was generally happy with how that turned out. 
There was a huge bunchy part on the back of one flower that frustrated me. 

There is a subtle pattern of orange and purple lines - see them?



I put this on auction at Family Fun Night and it went to someone who LOVES it.  When I saw that it had sold I wondered how I would find out it where it went.  I was curious!!  Then...the new owner came up to me and told me how excited she was to have my work of art.  Clearly, a person who could appreciate the creative process and hours of work - I was so pleased.    
I am so humbled that it went somewhere to be loved and cherished.  

1 comment:

  1. It is beautiful. I love all the bright colors and the edging is very pretty.
    Great job!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete